Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Logan's eye got like this over the last couple of days. We haven't changed food or anything recently. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, and seems to return to normal at random times. Any ideas before I take him in to the vet?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Did he bang it? When Dozer banged his head he got a ulcer on his cornea. His eye would roll around, once they put in the green drop you could see the ulcer. If that is what it is, you don't want to leave it, you gotta get drops in there, otherwise it could lead to surgery. Hope it gets better soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He hasn't banged his head as far as I know. They eye is goopy in the morning, but not so bad in the afternoon.

Inside his eye isn't red, it's pretty much the same color as his other eye. It's just the pink, somewhat swollen area around his eye I am worried about.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Molly's eye has done this a couple times in the last few days too. I noticed it when she got up in the morning. Then she takes a small nap and when she gets up it gone. I almost called the Vet the other morning but then it was gone. I've looked up Cherry Eye which is one of the most common things in EB and it looks just like it. I just don't know if it can come and go. I'll attached a link to the pictures of it. What do you guys think?

http://bulldogsworld1.homestead.com/CherryEye~ns4.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it's cherry eye because it's not in his eye, but the area around his eye that is normally black. Allergies maybe? It seems to swell, then go away throughout the day. The picture shows it at its largest, then during the afternoon it will almost go away completely.

·
Super Moderator
16,022 Posts
Something has irritated the eye: pollen, a scratch, a slight infection. But in not knowing exactly what it is it might be better to have a vet take a look at it so that there is not any damage to the eye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.