Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it normal for a new pup(8wks) to be attacking my 8 month old eb. i think it is playing but i am not sure. and my 8 month old is not eating i think she is upset about the new pup. we got her to keep the other one company. is it better to have two instead of just one? i am scared that one might hurt the other. they are both females and eb. i read on another post to keep same sex ab apart is that the same for eb?

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's not a good idea for a person who is not experienced with dogs to have two bully breeds of the same sex. I'm sure with the right amount of information on the breed, you can make it work. Have you done any obedience training with either of the dogs? I don't really know what advice I can give you because whenever I've owned more than one dog in the same house, they were not bully breeds. There are lots of people on here who do have and have had more than one bully breed in the house, though. I made a thread on owning 2 bully breeds. Maybe look at some of the comments the people made. It was very informative :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
If your pup is only 8 weeks old, you still have a long ways to go with the puppy stage. That is just what puppies do. They want to bite anything insight!! Luckily this gets better with age. I hope everything works out well with your dogs. They have lots of good post on owning more than one dog. I must warn you though, some of the post can be very discouraging. Alot of people think two dogs, especially of the same sex, is a disaster waiting to happen, however there are also many people who own more than one and have never had any problems. I am no expert, this is just things I have read or learned from experience. I am now the proud owner of two bully breed dogs (both males). My puppy is only 4 months. I would just watch the two of them and never leave them unsupervised. There both still young, so look in to training if you have not already done so. Just always make sure they know who the boss is around the house. (YOU) Good Luck & Keep positive!!! [/quote]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 10 week old AB with a 10 month old Olde English Bulldoggee....its a lot of fun ...lot of attacking play fighting etc...and refereeing...I never leave them unattended...I mean sometimes I will walk to get something but not for more than 10 seconds...they love each other to death but when things get nutty I seperate them for time out etc...they nap together...and sometimes sleep together it depends on how the night goes with them...its a lot of time and work, but im sure it will work out...the puppy playing can seeem really harsh at time, but its puppy talk and learning and socializing...when I picked up my baby the 10 abs were romping fighting biting etc..it was total chaos its a major stage for them...hang in there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts