Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I know this may be hard, but can you describe the stink? Does your dog have any scaly patches anywhere on the body? What about the ears? Are they clean & odorless or do they stink too?

Go sniff for us & come back with a report. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What are you feeding her? A lot of times a nasty "doggy" smell can be attributed to diet, but it could be anything in your girl's case. A bath every other day probably isn't a good thing. It washes away natural oils in the skin.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lmao!!

i sniffed :lol: :oops:

it's a weird stale stenchy kinda odor..... her ears are fine, her skin too, but when she walks by it's....GAGGING... and it really irritates my b/f. i think his sniffer is stronger than mine.

he says she smells like poop :oops: :shock:

·
Registered
570 Posts
LOL...My boy has a bit of an odor about him too. Kinda a dirty wet rag sorta smell. LOL... I don't know what causes it, since somebody said food, now I am wondering if thats what it is. It started at the end of last summer when I put him on the purina...hmmmm. Do not bath her every other day it causes skin irritations. My vet said to only bathe twice a year. Of course I can't go that long since he's in the house so I only bathe him once a month now. I will switch his food again and see if it makes a difference. I will let you all know :wink:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AkainePSP said:
Have you thought about calling the vet to see what he has to say about it?
yep, she said to brush her teeth :roll: but how is that going to help her skin....

it's not so overwhelming for me, but i get tired of hearing..."ooh, she stinks so bad, put her outside" our AB smells too, but she doesn't catch as much grief.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
maryserratos said:
LOL...My boy has a bit of an odor about him too. Kinda a dirty wet rag sorta smell.

kind of an earthy smell too?

Both sound just like anal glands. Its a horrid horrid smell

·
Registered
351 Posts
it's more of a poop smell not fishy thank goodness
Is it possible she is eating her own feces? Do you have a litter box she may be getting into? Harley loves "Kitty Krunchies" I ended up taking my 2 litter pans and putting them in a hallway that I could block off with a baby gate. Since then Harley has much better breath and doesn't stink like cat litter.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i've never seen her eat her poop or the cats or our AB, although, when our AB takes a dump for some odd reason, the pup is sniffing it when it comes out :shock:

disgusting.....

and since i said she hasn't farted in awhile, she decided to prove me wrong

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
burrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AkainePSP said:
it's supposed to snow there soon, no?
We went from 70 degree weather to snow and wind last night. It is soooooooooooooo cold outside I hate taking Harley out to potty, but it's got to be done! Right now it's 28 and feels like 18 according to my weather pulse.
i know cold, and that's cold!!!
get the blankets and the kerosene heater

·
Registered
570 Posts
AkainePSP said:
Take him to the vet to have them expelled. Some groomers will do this as well but I would certainly make sure they were experienced in this.

Kelly
OK, do I just walk in and say this is what I want done? Can they tell just by looking if this is what needs to be done? I guess I need to research it a little. I never even thought about the anal glands. Heard about it, but I guess I thought if that was a problem it would smell like poop LOL Makes sense to me. Thanks guys

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.