Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need as much knowledge about the spaying recovering as possible.

while looking at Baylee's tummy today, the incision is healing nicely but there seems to be a bulge underneath. it doesn't seem hard, at least not yet. and it doesn't seem to bother her, but it's bothering me....

i have a fairly small hand and this bulge seems to fit right in the cup of it, if that makes any sense?

should she have this? could it be a hernia?

(i'm headed out in a few but i wanted to get as much info as i can for when i get back)

please take the time to write something, thank you

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll have to take her tomorrow, i can't afford to spend the money on an emergency visit. she's definitely not in any pain....

does normal swelling swell on the inside? i guess it would.... i'll give them a call right now and then take her tomorrow... brb

thanks!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, so they told me to monitor her and call her doc in the morning. so i will do that, then update eveyone... btw, her belly is red, looks more like a rash though.

keep your fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Definately will keep my fingers crossed. Glad you called them - sometimes just talking to
the vet over the phone eases the situation as they know what the expectations are after
surgeries. Pray all goes well. :D

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I agree take her to the vet - however - my friends dog had the same thing after being spayed and it looked and felt like a massive hernia and they took her in and the vet said it was just normal swelling and then within a couple days it was back down to normal without them doing anything - so i wouldn't worry tooooo much - i know its hard not too 8)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm on the phone with them now, she said it's probably nothing to worry about, but i can bring her by anytime to have a vet take a look..... they said it's probably just normal swelling.

geesh, i hate that dogs can't talk

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well if you hadn't brought her into the vets yet then i would put a warm compresws in it. My daughters cat had the same thing and they told us to do that and it went down with no problem. The cat even was oozing some. Good luck and let us know.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks debs!

i checked on her at lunch and it does seem to be going down already.... i will try the warm compress and wait it out a couple more days.

thank you ALL for your support!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts