Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy was diagnosed with a mild UTI a week ago and have been on antibiotics for a week and he still peeing all the time (>16 pees a day). He was holding it for 3-4 hours at night before the UTI, but now even after a week of being on the antibiotics, he barely holds it in for more than an hour at night. I take him out almost every 45 mins to an hr to prevent him from having accidents in the house. It has been so frustrating and tiresome. I don't what could be the problem.

Any advice would help!!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called my vet about it and now he told me that they found elevated crystals from his first urine sample. So he recommended that I wait until we finish the antibiotics and see if he'll need a radiograph to check for stones. :(

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
If he has elevated crystals, he needs to be on a bland diet. He may be getting to much
protein in his food and not enough water. I would discuss his food with your vet and see
what he thinks. Ask your vet if dry dog food may be causing the issue. Perhaps putting him
on a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a few days will help. Make sure he has plenty of water to drink.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts