Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are the pictures you wanted of bryn in his baby vest hes got no fur due to demedox mange poor lad :(
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
Yeah, one thread per topic would suffice... Get the dog to the vet and you won't have to ask us. The poor dog needs treatment regardless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
You can use Ivermectin on the dog, orally or subcu. But I'd take it to the vet like other suggested and get a diagnosis. A raw diet isn't going to solve the problem, regardless of what others say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes hes been to the vet

yes hes been to the vet its cost me over £400 and still no joy so.................. dont slander me i love this dog and have done everything i can to cure him i need advice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Re: yes hes been to the vet

shirley42 said:
yes hes been to the vet its cost me over £400 and still no joy so.................. dont slander me i love this dog and have done everything i can to cure him i need advice
What did the vet say? They couldn't determine if it was mange or not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what the vet said

after so many skin scrapes and biopsys the vet said it was demedox mange gave him advecate which i placed on him only for what you saw in the picture all his fur dropped out i took him back every two weeks untill the vet said he was cured and his fur might not return as the folical might not be able to recover now you know why i dont take him for walks as people like yourselves slander and think his being not well treated hes cost me £400.00 in vet fees and for the vet to say you might have to live with his fur like this i wish i never showed you now read all my threads people who know me understand
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
Re: what the vet said

shirley42 said:
after so many skin scrapes and biopsys the vet said it was demedox mange gave him advecate which i placed on him only for what you saw in the picture all his fur dropped out i took him back every two weeks untill the vet said he was cured and his fur might not return as the folical might not be able to recover now you know why i dont take him for walks as people like yourselves slander and think his being not well treated hes cost me £400.00 in vet fees and for the vet to say you might have to live with his fur like this i wish i never showed you now read all my threads people who know me understand
Just one question: Who's slandering you? Most just said to only post one thread on a topic and take him to a vet...maybe another vet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mange

now you can see why i dont take him for walks the vet said he might always look like this if his fur folical is damaged as if i would leave him and not take him to the vet people should read my past threads then they see will see he is a well looked after man it feels like slander when you have people saying these things
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
walks

he doesnt get walked during the day my son takes him over the field near us and lets him rip because people do look and ask but dont understand when you tell them :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Nobody slandered you (in print it's called libel, though). Things get lost in translation when you're trying to piece an issue together through several posts. But I have to say that if you've had it diagnosed as mange, treated it properly, and the vet says it's cured, then I don't understand what the issue is. It's not unheard of to damage the follicles to the point that hair won't grow back. It's also possible in some cases for a damaged follicle to regenerate and eventually produce hair again. I don't have experience with mange, but if you don't believe what you're vet is saying, get a second opinion from another vet. I don't think $400 (or pounds) is much to pay, either. When Tala broke her leg, it cost nearly $3000 over a 6 week period of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
Beetle said:
msvette2u said:
A raw diet isn't going to solve the problem, regardless of what others say.
:scratch: Who said the raw diet would cure mange?
It was in one of her other posts - diff. page, diff. thread but I'm not sure which one to answer to!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,485 Posts
mange is no fun :(

i dont know what kind of medicine they have over in the UK, but i'm in the USA and i'm using ivermectin to treat my dog's mange. this is the second time she's gotten it :(

demodex is caused by a weakened immune system so my first suggestion is to get the dog on some Ester C to boost the immune system..

and i know what you mean about taking a dog with mange out in public..it's not easy..people dont understand when you try to explain mange and they look at you like your dog is some disgusting beast

here's my maggie
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top