Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this pic we took of her sleeping (the night before she died)...it is a little dark but all I have
and this one..... she was such a sweet baby only 4 months old

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And this is Riddick ..... he is related to samus on the AB side of her bloodlines...my mom's sweet manbut he's ALOT bigger now...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she got distemper...at least that is what the vet said.....idk she was fine and then she was gone in like 2 hrs. she just seemed sad all day that day but i didn't think she would die.....maybe if i took her to the vet sooner....im not sure. i have 2 otherdogs though and they are fine
im not even sure what distemper is.....im not happy with the vet right now

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Rachel Zugg said:
she got distemper...at least that is what the vet said.....idk she was fine and then she was gone in like 2 hrs. she just seemed sad all day that day but i didn't think she would die.....maybe if i took her to the vet sooner....im not sure. i have 2 otherdogs though and they are fine
im not even sure what distemper is.....im not happy with the vet right now
http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/distemper/
If I were you I would take my other animals to the vet as well. I hope that your animals are current on vaccinations. The Distemper Virus is Highly contagious!!
~Vonna

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Samus and Riddick were never around each other but I am going to have my other dogs checked out.....Does anyone know what I should do about her yard she ran in? could the virus be around my home? can my children get sick?

we are suppose to get another puppy but i dont want to if it will get sick just from being around where sam was......any help is welcomed :?: :!:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Awwww, that is so sad. Sorry to hear about Samus. :( I hope everything works out with Riddick's eye. What happened to it???

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he got scratch happy and then it got infected....it's been tough keeping him from scratching it but the infection is almost completely gone now. we are just waiting for the hair to grow back so he will look normal again :roll:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Rachel Zugg said:
Samus and Riddick were never around each other but I am going to have my other dogs checked out.....Does anyone know what I should do about her yard she ran in? could the virus be around my home? can my children get sick?

we are suppose to get another puppy but i dont want to if it will get sick just from being around where sam was......any help is welcomed :?: :!:
From Animal Health Channel:
Multidog households
Any dog that is suspected of being infected should be isolated from other dogs. Other dogs should be vaccinated, if they haven?t already been.

CDV doesn?t last long outside the dog?s body; heat, sunlight, most detergents, soaps, and various chemicals inactivate it. After an infected dog has been removed from the premises, contaminated objects and living areas should be disinfected with a 1:30 bleach-water solution.

One-dog households
If a dog has died from CDV infection, pet owners should wait about one month before introducing a new puppy or dog into the home. Contaminated objects and living areas should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with a 1:30 bleach-water solution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts