Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have just aquired a new pup, which we think is mostly boxer. I also think she looks quite "labrador ish". I just wondered if any of you experts would be able to identify any of her features, not that it matters, just out of interest. She behaves like a Boxer, hyper, loving, walks under your feet, playful, lick lick lick. Thanks to anyone who can help. Regards from Costa Blanca, Spain.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I don't see any boxer in her........I see either British Setter or Saluki fairly strongly but I am not sure where the black mask came from.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Well.. I'd say setter, spaniel or something like that. I'd not say saluki because they just aren't a common breed. Most likely, its a mix of a mix of a mix... and the gene pool is so diluted there isn't much to reference to a full blood dog.

I say setter or spaniel because of the ticking on the feet. English cockers and English setters have ticking like that, and slick coat with little undercoat, black mask could come from a shepherd down the line. I don't see boxer either...

She is a beautiful pup, with a gorgeous shiny coat. Looks like she's gonna be big =)

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
ultimatek9 said:
I know it a rare breed, but she almost looks like a Leonberger mix to me.

Oh good call!! I could not figure out where that mask came from.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Without seeing "the deed" done, it can be near impossible to know for sure. Personally I think her color and head type are very English Mastiff looking. What is her size, weight and estimated age?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
AllAmericanPUP said:
ultimatek9 said:

thats what i was gonna say, wich is why i was asking her weight and age
I was thinking the same thing!

Since you're in Spain (I'm assuming the dog is from Spain) it could be a Lurcher, which is a mix of any sighthound (usually Greyhound, Saluki, or Galgo in your area) and a herding breed. Though the face looks very scent hound or mastiff-y (with those adorable jowels) so who knows. A Lurcher mix (kind of redundant)?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
ultimatek9 said:

Oh... I'd have to agree with a mix of this type of dog for sure... the black on the chest too. I didn't think about the location they are in, where the dog may be more popular. Her body type is close to the Leonberger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks a lot for your replies. I very much appreciate it, Ill get some more information on Monday, as we are taking her to the vets for a check up, Ill get her weight then also and the Vets take on her. Cheers all.

·
Registered
719 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts