Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
A little background story on my dog
I have a 4-year-old pit named Jinavee . I happen to find her at a garage sale hidden away from everyone. She was not part of the sale, however I took one look at her and fell in love. I had no idea she was a pit! I asked about her and to my amazement they were going to take her to the pound, because they had to many dogs.
I had to have her! I knew she was the dog for us.
I went home and researched this breed from the Internet to local owners. I mean I had to know everything and why they had such a bad rap.

To my amazement this guy saw her with us and asked where did we get her.
We explained our story.
He shared with us that this was his dog and he still has 3 of her brothers.
She was stolen from his house when he was at work and has been searching for her.
Because she was the only female in the litter he was afraid she was stolen for a puppy mill or to be raised as a fighting dog. We led him to the people who we think stole her.
He was happy to see her in a happy home and did not request her back.
He gave us tons of information on the breed and gave us her family history.

This breed has been smeared in the media and I believe it’s a shame. I have never owned a better family dog. I respect
this breed and love to know that people own them and love them as much as me.

I would love to hear your story. How did you all stumble or even happen to own your dog.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi and welcome :D

Good story! My story is not nearly as good. :D My sister actually got my pup from a BYB in Detroit, MI. I told her not to get him because BYBs are a huge problem and I don't want to support them, but she got him anyway. Then after about two weeks, she decided she didn't want him anymore, so I told her that I would take him. I'm so glad I did :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Welcome to the board!!! She is a beauty!!!

My husband had got Sadie when she was 5 weeks old. He wasn't really planning on it, it just kind of happend. He lived with his parents at the time and they said "NO way can a pit bull live here, she'll kill all the animals!" (they live on a farm). When she was about a year we moved in together and when he left they wanted to buy Sadie they loved her so much, lol. He thought about leaving her there because she could run around, and we were moving to an appartment. In the end she came with us (his parents now have their own beautiful red nose pit, Ginger, who is 11 years old now). She was happiest with us. She still got plenty of exercise (and so did we). About 6 months later we got Spooky (Gingers sister) and we moved to a house with a yard for the girls.

Years and years later when we started thinking of getting another dog, we started to research the AB. We were still torn a couple years later when Spooky was gone whether to get a APBT or AB. We looked at both, but fell in love with Jazmine (AB).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.