Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Fred I have a Boxer, Pitbull mix. I need some advice on socializing. He is fine with the dog that lives in the house but with other dogs he tends to be aggressive. Will getting him neuterd make a big differance

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
First off...welcome to the forum! This is a great place with a lot of great, experienced dog owners!

I'm far from the most experienced here, but from what I've heard if you neuter a male it's supposed to "calm" them down, but I don't know if it will help with dog aggression. Most dogs, especially towards same sex, will be aggressive towards each other. But either way, I wish you the best of luck! I own a female boxer, and a male pitbull myself. :D

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Welcome...love to see some pics too! :wave:
My bully is the same way, he got along great with my other dog but doesn't like other dogs.
As a pup he loved all dogs, then as he matured started becoming agressive to dogs besides our other dog.
I also had him nuetered hoping that would help, nope..he still hates other dogs.
Now when he gets boarded, he will still play with other dogs....it's just aroung me he hates other dogs.

Just do what i do, and walk on opposite side of street as oncoming dogs. I don't think there is much if anything
that can be done. If im wrong...i'd sure like to know the secret myself!! :wink:

·
Registered
465 Posts
MY male gets weird around some dogs but not all and he just got fixed a month ago and it didn't calm him down its like now he doesn't even care about getting butt so he just runs even faster and trys harder at everything he does :roll:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I recommend neutering to anyone who is not working/showing/breeding, but to answer your question... no, neutering will not lower the possibility of aggression. when you are dealing with bully breeds, realize they are geneticly predisposed to same sex dog aggression. Just socialize your dog 9if it's a pup) as much as you can and train him to pay attention to you and not other dogs while out on walks...definitely say NO to dog parks and off leash areas with your bully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts