Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is PJ and I have been enjoying this forum for a while and decided to join. I have 2 fur kids that currently own me, Roxsy is a 1 1/2 old bullmastiff/americanbulldog and Daryl an olde english bulldogge who is 10 mo. I have had dogs all my life and can't imagine being without them!
I got Roxsy when she was 9 wks old, I had just lost my beloved Dane to spinal arthritis( he was 11), and the year before that the Danes beloved Lab buddy to cancer. I spent 6 long grief stricken weeks trying to decide if I could take anymore heartache by getting another dog. I saw an ad in the newspaper for Roxsy's litter and went to (just look) lol. She stole my heart from the word go! Then when she was about 7 mo old I decided she needed a buddy. I have always loved bulldogs but did not like all the health problems, through research on the internet I came across Olde English Bulldogges and after much more searching I found Daryl. They are total clowns!! and lovebugs. Now mind you I was used to old dogs and it had been 12 years since I raised pups so this has been quite an experience having two pups at once! It is keeping me young or making me feel older than I am, I have'nt decided yet lol.

[/url]
[/img]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you coyotecrasher and orsondogge, I had not seen any bm/ab crosses before Roxsy. Her breeder owns both breeds and the wrong dogs got together accidently. I was reading a dog message board shortly after I got rox and there was a guy looking for owners of bm/ab crosses for the purpose of gathering pics of such crosses, he is wanting to create a new breed. He had a website with some pics of this cross, alot of beautiful dogs. He was going to call them bullmasters, the web site is gone now so I don't know if he is still working on the breed or not, he said it would take him about five years to bring this about. I did'nt hear much more from him after I told him I had Roxsy spayed at 4mos old. She is a high energy dog, I was thinking bullmastiff = couch potatoish but I think she is taking after the ab in her lol. I call my son once or twice a week to bring over his pit pup for a play date with my two, that usually wears them out!! here are some pics of one of the play dates with Deuce. They like to play keepaway with the nylabone, the last 2 pics are after deucy goes home lol.

[/url]
[/img]

[/url]
[/img]

[/url]
[/img]

[/url]
[/img]

[/url]
[/img]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.