Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I am a first time owner of a precious little Pit named Zaley. I just got her yesterday & she's about 6-8 weeks old. She's pretty good so far, she's chewing a little & she pooped in the house once already, but whenever I take her outside she usually goes right away so I'm not too worried about house-training.

I've always been a dog person & I can't stand not having one. I had an Australian Shepherd but in December of '05 my ex-roommate tried to kill her(because she pooped on his playstation, HA!), so I ended up signing her over to a really nice lady at the shelter. So until yesterday I've had no pets except my boyfriend's cat :/ She's sweet & all, I'm just not a cat person. I've never had a Pit before though, and I confess I don't know a whole lot about them. I've read all about the pending legislation against them here on OK & I think it's very unfair.

My name is Kristin & I'm 25, I don't really know what else to say here. Soooo, I guess.... Hi!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

There is a lot of good information here, and a lot of nice people.

your pup is very cute, make sure to keep the pics coming!

So you are in OK? I'll be there with you in a few months! I think you are the only forum member from OK so far.

Good luck with your pup, and let's hope she dosen't poop on the Playstation!

Bridget

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your ex-roommate sucks. :twisted: Did you file charges against him?

You will like it here. There is lots of good info. One of the most important thing to know about pits and bully breeds in general is that they are strong-willed dogs and need to be well trained, otherwise they will dominate.

Good luck with your new pup! I can't see the pics here at work (photobucket is blocked - BOO!), but I will check him out when I get home. I'm sure he's a cutie - who can resist a fat, soft puppy belly? :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Everyone seems really nice here. Yep, I'm in OK, I've lived here for oh.... almost 20 years now...? A long time anyways. I love it here, except for the long summers.

No, I didn't file charges against the jerk, solely because I didn't have the money to go to court & all that stuff. I would have otherwise, I do not tolerate animal cruelty in any form. In fact I'd probably have beaten him to within an inch of his life with a steel rod if there hadn't been a child present. He has a baby son, and I pray every night for that chld. If he's willing to inject a dog with Windex for having an accident, what's he gonna do to that boy when he misbehaves? I cringe to think about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here she is on my bed, in a rare moment of quietude...

I swear to god- she's gotten bigger since I posted this. She eats like a little piggy & it looks like she's gotten bigger already, just since sunday!

BTW your dog is precious, he looks like he's trying to look innocent in the far right picture. Cute!

·
Registered
451 Posts
ac1d8urn said:
Here she is on my bed, in a rare moment of quietude...

I swear to god- she's gotten bigger since I posted this. She eats like a little piggy & it looks like she's gotten bigger already, just since sunday!

BTW your dog is precious, he looks like he's trying to look innocent in the far right picture. Cute!
Awww she looks a little bit like Boss, just Boss is blonde and black :D Even the little white mark on her head!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hi from a fellow first time Pit owner. I hope you don't find yourself in my place, growing thicker skin everyday from all the negativity surrounding the breed. I find myself defending my dog almost daily. I can't believe the ignorance and hostility I've encountered since I got her. Even so, I wouldn't trade her for anything!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Your pup is very cute... I having cats all my life am new to dogs and bulldogs, too. I am the proud parent of a 10 month old brindle colored female American Bulldog named Sadie Grace.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I was born in Fort Sill, OK...but my dad was stationed elsewhere when I was a toddler and I haven't been back since. I own a pit, Koda, and he is awesome!!! He is my 3rd pitbull, and they are an awesome breed!!! They are so loving, and so misunderstood. Feel free to ask anyone on this forum any questions you may have... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.