Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Libby. I'm 21 years old, I live in New Mexico, and I am owned by one APBT and one Australian Cattle Dog! Gypsy, my pitbull, is 18 months old and my pride and joy! Lucy, my cattle dog, is 6 years old and she is like a child to me. I love them both very much.

I am very into the APBT breed, and although I have learned alot about them over the last two years, I hope to learn lots more! Before Gypsy came into my life, I was with all the other uneducated people that believed what they heard on the news. I thought pitbulls were vicious, killer dogs. Then, I met Gypsy. When I got her, she was just a small puppy, and she wasn't meant to stay with me. I was just a brief foster home for her until her forever home could be found. Then, after two weeks and 8 failed possible adopters, she won me over with her bully smile and fat tummy. After deciding to keep her, I went and read as much as possible on the breed, and found, to my astonishment, that pitbulls were NOT the monsters the media made them out to be. Gypsy has done nothing but prove that pits are the best dogs there are, not only to me, but to my family and friends too!

Anyway, I can't wait to become an active member of this forum.

Here are some pictures of my girls.

Gypsy:

And here is Lucy:

Ket

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hi Kendra! Like you, my mind was changed forever about APBT's after I got my dog. Strange to know how the Media can make so many people ignorant to the truth, huh? I don't know about you, but Harley has to work twice as hard to prove she's a "good dog", b/c people automatically make assumptions based on her looks. It takes a thick skin to own a Bully :wink:
Nice to have you on board
~Andrea

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
That first pic is hilarious! She looks so girly and then the rest of the pics are her with her football, looking like a tomboy! :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum. :hello2: Your dogs are awesome. Look forward to talking with you and seeing more of your pups.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Very cute....I have that same pair of breeds several times on here...Do they get along well?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone, for the warm welcome! I think I'm gonna like this forum, haha.

Very cute....I have that same pair of breeds several times on here...Do they get along well?
They do get along extremely well. They have never ever had any fights, hardly ever even got snippy at one another. Gypsy is very, very mellow for a pitbull, in the D/A area. Lucy, on the other hand, is an extremely cranky old furball, that bosses Gypsy around all the time. Bless Gypsy's heart, she lets her!

I wouldn't necessarily say that having these two breeds together is a good idea, because cattle dogs tend to be very, very hard headed and stubborn. They like to keep their people on their toes, so you always have to keep an eye on them. Very loyal, and very very one person dogs. It took Lucy a while to adjust to having Gypsy in our lives, and there have been a few rough patches, but for the most part, they love one another, lol.

Ket

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.