Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...My puppy is 14 weeks old and he gets Hiccups all the time...Is this a normal thing for him to get them quite alot....When i got him at 9 weeks old he had them quite a lot and i thought it was his food...Since i changed his food he never had them as much..But now his getting them again...
He don't just get them after eating.....he gets them at all times...It could be 3 am in the morning when we have been sleeping for hours and he'll wake up and start hiccuping...
At 1st me and My girlfriend thought he did it when he wanted to go toilet because when he did it we took him out and he did go..But now his just getting them quite often and i know how much hiccups get on my nerves so bless him they must Pee him off.....
I gonna take him vets to get it checked but if anyone knows the problems please let me know....
Thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Bogart also had the "hiccapups" when he was a puppy. I even took him to the vet for it because I had no idea that dogs got them. :oops: Anyway, quite normal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Loki gets hiccups frequently after he eats or drinks , kind of freaked me out at first as well :lol: I think its because they seem to swallow alot of air when they gobble their food .

·
Registered
512 Posts
I don't know if this has any bearing (sp?) but I was told when I got sam that she should have a raised dish and her food should be soaked about 10 mins ahead of time to keep her from gulping her food down - just something that occured to me. Think there's any correlation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts