Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here knows the difference? I see the words "high drive" thrown around a lot on this forum lately, but I wonder how many of you actually know the difference between drive and energy?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can diminish a dogs drive if you don't allow them to be successful or "win" so to speak. It's ok to let them work for it, but be sure to let them win as well.

Good input so far.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A high drive dog is a high drive dog. I don't care what breed it is.
Exactly. The thing that can vary from dog to dog is what exactly they are high drive for. For example, you have some dogs who have an extremely high prey drive for small animals but have next to no drive to play with a ball or do any prey based protection work. Then you got those dogs that show super high drive for something but can be easily shut down whenever control is rules/control are implemented.

I also agree that "high drive" is subjective based on what you have seen and experienced.

Glad I started this thread. Hopefully it was able to teach others the difference between drive and energy as it drives me nuts to see the words "high drive" thrown around so willy nilly. I honestly do not think a lot of people know what drive actually is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts