Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Somehow I've managed to be the owner of a dog who came from the two driviest dogs from a breeder known to produce dogs with very high drive... it's been a very interesting experience so far lol. I can safely say all of his drives are ridiculously high, I would say overkill for a pet. And by all his drives, I mean he has ridiculous prey/play/fight/defensive/civil/pack drives, all over the top. Couple that with high energy and ultra dominance, and you can see I've got my work cut out for me. He's a trip.

Never seen a dog like this before and I've met many. 2 trainers wanted to take him off my hands, but I've managed to keep him so far and work on making him a manageable pet, but it ain't easy lol... especially in a big crowded city.

Call me crazy but I like a challenge I guess. I'm mainly just trying to lower his drive while also giving him outlets for it. Many many times I wanted to rehome this guy with a trainer but we've finally got an understanding of each other I think now lol... it would be tough to let go.

Btw, I will try to capture good footage of this guy in action and post it up here on the board sometime. I've been talking a lot about him, but I really need to capture his craziness and intensity

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
What's the ped on your dog? You can pm it to me if you want.
May I ask why you don't work the dog? Not trying to be a bitch, but if he's all you say he is and you have this great access to trainers what is stopping you?
That's actually a really good question. I used to be really passionate about wanting a good working dog and getting fully into it, but ever since I moved to NYC, it's become very difficult to even get out to any clubs, on a regular basis. I know a couple good trainers upstate NY who are fairly close to me, but it's also very tough for me to get up there often enough. I don't have enough time to commit to it, very busy with work. I know how much dedication it takes, and I wouldn't want to give it a half-assed approach. One day though, when I'm ready.

I have to say though, I'm very very very lucky that I have a personal friend with bulldog experience who is my dog walker!

I'll get you the info on my boy if you're interested, or can post it up, no problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts