Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
High drive - the dog will stop at nothing to get what it wants.. whether it be a toy/food/decoy.. etc.... it won't give up.. it will go through objects if it has to .. to get what it wants.

High Energy.. is just that.. high amount of energy a dog needs to burn off.. the zoomies.. a great example.

With my dogs.. both my chis have low energy.. and no drive..easy to live with dogs really

Bauer - I say his drive is moderate.. when we play ball he won't stop.. until I do.. his energy is low to moderate.. he gets the zoomies from time to time.. but for the most part .. he can be pretty laid back.. which I like

Havoc.. well his drive is high... but it has to be if we want to continue with the sport... his energy level I find is high as well.. the dog does NOT like resting.. the only time he rests.. is when he is in his kennel.. when he is forced to rest.. he could go for hours playing.. having zoomies.. driving me nuts!

I think I have the definitions right.. or a right understand of them anyways..

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I agree Alison.. when I would read about "high drive" .. I looked at Bauer and was like.. oh yeah.. this dog has drive! He was crazy for his ball (or so I thought).. he is going to be great in sport work.. well.. get him on to the field with a bunch of high driven crazy shepherds.. and I realized.. wow.. he has got no drive.. no want for the sack.. sure he would bark.. but then the pulling on his neck would make him choke and he would stop..

Havoc would pull until he turned blue and passed out.. it doesn't even phase him...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts