Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum.

I have two 15 month old AB's. One of them has severe hip dysplasia in both hips. I'm considering total hip replacement surgery for her (Lilly). Her sister (Lila) shows no signs what so ever. Does anyone have any information, or recommendations on hospitals/vets in the Northeast (NH area)? Are there any altenative surgeries?

She's getting worse each week.

Help, please

L & L

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I don't know, but I'm going to bump this up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you ! Any information will be greatly appreciated.

L & L

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a bit of a ride for you, but the best place would probably be Tufft's University. They are in MA close to the RI border. If that's to far for you, I would call them anyway and ask if they know anybody closer to you. Good Luck, hope she turns out okay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both. the websites were very helpful. I think I will give Tufts a call, I have friends over the border in RI so that would probably work out fine if Tufts would take her. She's definitely going to need surgery and from what I've read, total hip replacement is her best option (although very expensive) We had an idea from the start that she had hip problems. We don't breed or show dogs, so we weren't all that concerned, we just wanted to give them a good home. Now to get her out of pain. Thanks again.

Michele

1 - 6 of 6 Posts