Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hi to all y`all... Im very new to the site,just joined actually.Anyway I got a staff called millie shes about 9 months old and is very loved, She sleeps in the house at night and is outside for the day where she also has a kennel.Anyway my question is when I come in a night 6pm and let her in she runs about the kitchen and jumps all over ya, now the weather in Ireland wouldnt be good therefore she is usually mucky. I have tried to egnore her and just get on with makin up her food, but she still jumps up on me. has anyone any ideas ? It seems shes very hiper and that ? I no she misses us and all but are they all this hipper ...........

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
First off you have a puppy.What puppy isn't hyper.Second, you say she is outside all day.I am assuming while you are at work or not at home.She has no one playing or giving her the attention she needs.Puppies need lots of attention and lots of play time.Do you make time to play with her when she comes in? Any reason for her being left outside all day?I understand you have a kennel for her outside but what about getting a crate for the inside for when you are not home since you said the weather over there isn't that great right now.
Training your pup is very important at this young age.They are like kids,there brains are like sponges and they pick things up fairly fast.Now is the best time to start working on her behavior issues but in my opinion sounds like she is board and when she is being let into the house she striving for attention.Just my opinion.

Sorry,I wanted to welcome you but I got carried away so WELCOME.I am sure you will get some great advice here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ya thanks for reply....

Yes I do be in work all day when Im not there, But my woman does be in and she lets her in, I know what your say,But every evening I walk her and play with her, This I can assure you, Im a Barber and Im off sunday and monday these to days she is with me both in the car and out for walks and also around the house. I can not leave her in the house when we both go to work as my house is only 2yrs old and she ate the kitcken table already, My birds was very un-happy to say the least. dont get me wrong she is a well loved and looked after dog, why I first asked the question was I have seen on 2 other occasions staffs which were hyper to, Even her ma n da were very hyper.this is our first dog and I was a bit unsure thats all, But its wkend now again and she loves it, I think she knows when its wkend as we go to beach and trip in the car my bird works some wkend so me and millie do hang out....... DONT U THINK SHES HAPPY !!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would suggest that when you get home and let her out of her outside pin that you might think about playing with her outside with a ball or frisbee or what ever she likes or maybe take her for a walk right then and do a little training with her on her walk then bring her inside this might help to calm her down and get out some of that pent up energy that she has had waiting for you to get home.... She looks beautiful and happy! both of my dogs are hyper when I get home from anywhere and I normally walk out back with them and throw a stick around or a ball or something then when they come back in they normally crash and pass out .... LOL!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh belive me I do all of the above. Her favourte toy is the tyre you can see in that pic above, she oves it, its not a frisby but when I trow it she brings it straight back, lol ha ha anyway thanks for your help. Deef

PIC BELOW A TIRED AND THIRSTY MILLIE LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would try just playing with him when you get home for as long as possible and then when your inside even.... if your just playing tug of war when you are on the couch....as much play as possible to get out the aggression....My bulldog looks the same as yours but with a pink nose! I don't have any pics on the computer though....
I've been trying to get into the routine of throwing the ball around with him as soon as I get home ...so far so good. He'll learn the differnce betwwen play time and relax time (I hope).....but then atleast after he eats you can kind of let him off on his own...after eating and playing. And don't forget that he probally gets worn out after the playtime...and he can get cranky. I'm always watching for that. Mugsy's eyes get all red around the outside ..... that when he can be a pain in the you know what! Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.