Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
To answer your question street fighting as you put it is the direct result of the the animal rights movement. Even today one kind find literature about dog fighting, from use of bait dogs to supplies needed to doctor up a dog. Many websites offer lists of equipment, things to look for if you suspect someone of fighting their dog. These things are nothing more than "how to guides" for those inclined to follow such pursuits. It's really that simple go online to some sites that speak of the horrors of dog fighting and get yourself an education on how to fight your dog.

As with all things in life, there are people that fall on the wrong side of things. So to say that historical dog fighting didn't have it's cruelty is absurd. In today's venues you'll find those that fall short of what the mainstream find acceptable.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts

However, they DO NOT enjoy getting bites back.

I also have seen dogs hang back and cower if they thought another dog was going to hurt them.
They did not want an involvement in any type of altercation.
Those dogs would have been washed from a historical dogman's yard. Just like if I had a dog that didn't/couldn't work in man work I would wash the dog out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts