Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sorry gotta comment on this tread, I'm an opinionated so and so.

Steph said ... they(dogs) aren't really being forced. They enjoy it.
Actually the dogs are forced and trained to fight from an early age. Many dogs are destroyed along the way. Here in Ireland many unwanted crossbreed dogs are prey for the pits in training.

Have you ever seen a dog after being discarded from the fighting rings? It's usually terrified and in really bad health. I don't really see how these dogs 'enjoy it'. There are usually no winners. Even if a dog wins a load of fights they will still be put up for more fights til they get a beating. That's the reason i think the owners don't love dogs period.

I don't think it's natural for a dog to kill another yet these people put the dogs in a position where they must kill or be killed.

Usually these fighting rings keep the dogs in terrible conditions without adequate food and water.

Basically it's pain and suffering for the dogs so perverted humans can get there kicks and have a gamble.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Its hard to generalize on this subject but i'll give my opinion anyways

Any dog will fight in the right/wrong circumstances. When the pack order is uncertain dogs will fight for position.

I'd turn around your question and ask why don't some bully breeds want to fight with each other in peoples homes?

I really think it comes down to the owners knowledge of the dogs temperaments. Some dogs need to be separated and some dogs can live together. But dogs will act differently depending on who trains them and who gives them discipline.

If dogs want to fight in the home they do so because the owner hasn't stopped the build up to the fight. He or she doesn't know the signs that a dog will fight and the dogs won't listen to the owners when they get into fight drive.

If the dogs are well disciplined and getting proper mental and physical exercise and care there is less chance they will fight.

People let the dogs play fight so eventually a real fight will break out. Simple as that. I think you can nip many dog problems in the bud before major problems occur.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm definitely not an expert and just giving my opinion. I'm happy to do that and hear others opinions too.

I know people with dog aggressive pit dogs but they are submissive to there owners and won't fight if there given the word from their owner. That said they will fight if hes not around.

Basically i'm trying to say that even fight dogs aren't all naturally interested in killing their fellow dogs, they are forced into fighting.

All fights take place in a ring surrounded by people so the dog has nowhere to go but fight.

But there will always be dog aggressive pit dogs but from what i've heard its not always the survival of the fittest. A weaker dog can beat a stronger dog when the stronger dog is tired and wounded and lets his guard down. Some dogs are put through many fights and can simply be beating due to too many bouts.

It just comes down to abuse in my eyes at the end of the day.

·
Registered
443 Posts
But yea i get your point on genetics too. I guess the dogs which show greatest interest in fighting are the ones which were breed off in the past. That said when you look at pictures of bull baiting you'll sometimes see dogs working together tackling the bull. That team work must have been important in the past before the pit fights.

Do you think you could bring up a dog like gigz with out separating him from other dogs?

The fact that you always crate or seperate the dogs may feed into the dog aggression IMO

If the dogs were together you would have to deal with some issues you don't need to worry about when they are crated or in separate runs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts