Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids were all standing next to the couch wanting to pet Sam and she jumped up at my middle kids face, and I'm not sure what she was doing. There was no growling or any other signs of aggression - suspect she was just excited but it made me a tad nervous since I don't 'know' her that well just yet if that makes sense. Just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts on this or had experienced it. I of course immediatly pulled her back and told her NO but it got me to wondering if that was something to be concerned about or just something she has to learn not to do... Does that make sense? I'm really tired right now... Hard to make sense while I type.

Sarah

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Holly and Chapps jump at my face to kiss me....I think it's quite normal. It's just not very polite, so don't be afraid to say NO and push her back down. I find they especially jump on kids too, I'm not sure why. It should all go away with consistant training.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Pits overexcite themselves and will constantly jump up at your face to kiss you.
This is something that has to be constantly corrected, because in excitement they will do it.
Possible chipped teeth come with the ownership of a pit bull, LOL.
They constantly headbutt you in the jaw, my record was about 50 times in one day.
This was done by around 20 different pit bulls, one of which jumped straight up while i was standing
and gave me a vertical head butt straight to my jaw. Mind you, I'm 6 feet tall so it was quite the jump
for a blue semi low and wide.

:shock:

On the street..

While onlookers slowed down their cars and pedetrians asked if they should call the cops..

Because I was being 'attacked' by a pit bull...

:roll:

·
Registered
214 Posts
My AB headbutted me when we were playing and dislocated my jaw. It was awful, I couldn't chew my food for weeks because it hurt so bad. I finally went to the doctor because I'd lost so much weight and they sent me to have my head x-rayed. It turns out he popped both sides out of where they should be. Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is that they are lethal with those giant heads.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know I've said this already

Watch the Dog Whisperer. Walk your dog. Don't just put a leash on him and let him drag you down the street. If you have a rowdy dog, the walk is very important. It is not just about letting him relieve himself. It's his medicine. It's about a short leash. Telling him to sit and be still for no perticular reason, just because you said so. He shouldn't even get to sniff unless you let him. He should be off your left shoulder about 12-24 inches down. It is work. He is working to conform to you. He does not pull you. He does not go off to sniff. This will carry over to his behavior for the rest of the day. This will help him not to misbehave in your presence.

If you skip more than one day walking your dog, you are wrong.

And if your dog is crated and you only let him out in your living room, you are really wrong.

Don't worry about the heat, a 10 minute walk outside ain't gonna kill him.

Everything the Dog Whisperer says is golden.

Walk your dog people,

jackie
owner of a 65lb ex hog dog, pit bull

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL my dog is walked every day and she's a pro - at least at walking. I'm very proud of her as well as myself to some degree that in the three weeks I've had her she's gone from a nut around other dogs to listening when I tell her to 'leave it' and 'be a good girl'. Today we walked our entire park (trailer park - yes I am one of 'those' myself 8) ) which is a big one and we passed by several dogs from the loud yappy ones to the big silent ones who silently challenge you and she listened very well and never barked at even one of them! Nevermind all the crazy kids on those fun bikes she'd love to chase and the people with their loud mowers and music and engines - never flinched or acted poorly. Good girl!

BTW - I've never seen the dog whisperer, I think he's kind of annoying. :cyclops:

·
Registered
136 Posts
First time I saw mums pb do that to my youngest I had my heart in my mouth. Any dog jumping to put their face in your childs is scary. My daughter was far from impressed from the sloppy lick that covered her face.
We were visiting today and the dog was trying to jump up to kiss me but is so overweight she couldn't manage it. :shock:

I keep telling mum to put her on a diet but while we're fighting to save her from the BSL mums fattening her up like every meal is her last.

·
Registered
214 Posts
newpitowner said:
LOL my dog is walked every day and she's a pro - at least at walking. I'm very proud of her as well as myself to some degree that in the three weeks I've had her she's gone from a nut around other dogs to listening when I tell her to 'leave it' and 'be a good girl'. Today we walked our entire park (trailer park - yes I am one of 'those' myself 8) ) which is a big one and we passed by several dogs from the loud yappy ones to the big silent ones who silently challenge you and she listened very well and never barked at even one of them! Nevermind all the crazy kids on those fun bikes she'd love to chase and the people with their loud mowers and music and engines - never flinched or acted poorly. Good girl!

BTW - I've never seen the dog whisperer, I think he's kind of annoying. :cyclops:
I think the Dog Whisperer comes across as being insane, but he is correct about every problem I've ever had. Try his book, that way you don't have the accent or the hilarious impressions of dog body language, if that is what you find annoying. I think he is unintentionaly [sp?] funny. I dunno maybe it's on purpose.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
bleh, I watched his shows and read his book, and the only thing I like about the guy is that he sees the good in pitbulls!!

I dont believe a lot of what he says, but that's just me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.