Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 pound of raw meat or poulry

12 oz chopped raw vegetables

8 to 10 oz of cooked grain

6 to 8 oz of purified water or chicken broth

2 tablespoons of oil

Food grade bone meal with red marrow or vitamin & mineral Supplement with calcium designed for dogs

Pinch of canine enzyme supplement sprinkled over food and mix in just before serving

Raw vegetable that can be used zucchini, Carrots, yellow squash, broccoli, green beans, peas, parsley

cooked vegetables squash , yams, pumpkin, or other vegetables.

leafy vegetables should be steamed.

For grains only use one Oatmeal, rice, millet, barley

you can subsitute 2,( 4 oz) jars or organic baby food vegetables

oils, Flaxseed, cod liver, salmon

Raw food diet use 2 cups for every 1 cup of dry food that you use now.

All ingrediance should be organic free of hormones and preservitives

You can also add this to the kibble you use too.

Recipe is from my holistic dog care book.

Donot leave down more than 45 mins, you can frezze this or it will keep 3 days in fridge.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your welcome I know some where asking about raw diets so I got a holistic book that had simple recipes to use cause it can be complicated This makes it a little easier to use and you can use kibble if need be with this you just add it to the kibble or you can use it along and the ratio if use alone is 2 cups of this raw diet to every one cup of what you would normaly use with kibble.
Its really not that expensive either I'm trying it halo & spirit and they seem to be doing super with it so far If their stools get a little loose when you first go to it you can add a tablespoon full of canned pumpkin to it NOT the pie filling the one that say 100% pumpkin
it works good I had to do this when switching foods of any kind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.