Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have found that a lot of people with E.B. are having similar problems with tremors.Also that it could possibly be caused by low sugar.Would it be bad to give my pup a tea spoon of honey once in the morning?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Sounds like a head tremor to me...And quite frankly it is scary to see when your not sure what is going on...And feel so helpless to be able to help aid in any way...

Low sugar causes this...And...I find that if I feed my Tank in the evenings...Or if we're having a rather rowdy day of playing...I give him a "SUNBEAM" Honey and Oats granola bar.

But when/IF this occurs again. Give him some syrup...The sugar stops it immediately! That's when you know it's tremors...Due to drop in sugar...

I find that keeping them granola bars handy...They travel well. And I can keep them about the house...And where ever we go with Tank. He loves them...And it keeps the tremors at bay.

Also my vet suggested that if my bulldog continued to keep having them. (Which he don't since I feed him in the morning and late afternoon...and give him a bedtime snack) But on occasion...He refuses to eat breakfast of dogfood. I slip him a granola before I am leaving the house if I plan on being more than an hour away. To be safe...But also you can give them oatmeal...For a substitute of a meal my vet said...If they start occurring more often.

Kisses to your bully...And just know...Your not alone...And it's not life threatening...Your bullie should be just fine...Just got to make sure he grazes threw out the day...And if he gets extra exercise...To give him something to boost his sugar level~

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Honey, Kairo syrup, Nutrical---all are great in treating hypoglycemia. The problem occurs if the dog is NOT hypoglycemic & the owner is giving the dog this stuff anyways as it will then cause an extreme spike in blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) & can result in the dog developing some serious metabolic disorders. Take the dog to the vet. A simple 24 hour glucose curve can answer the problem of whether the dog is becoming hypoclycemic or not. Also while the dog is there, the vet can do a thorough check of the ears (dogs with inner ear or vestibular problems can shake their heads continuously, sit/walk with head tilted to one side, walk in cirlces, etc) & rule out any problems with them. Btw, ear problems left untreated can result in damage to the ear canal/ear drum resulting in hearing impairment/deafness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts