Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nu Stock

I ordered it online. Google it for online retailers. It was either $10/$12 for the jar of it, but the jar is really good sized and a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. I used it on my EB in late spring/early summer after she had a bunch of spots where she'd lost hair as well as on the itchy spots on her feet. I bathed her first, then applied the ointment where necessary. It is a bit messy (and does smell a bit), but once it dries you can brush off the excess so it doesn't get on your carpeting, etc. I saw nearly instant results in that she was no longer itching/biting her legs and the hair regrowth rate was really good. Plus, any red/irritated areas cleared up after the first application. I use it on an as-needed basis on her and seems to work wonderfully. Good luck.

At the same time I started with the Nu Stock I also switched her food (thanks to the Sticky on this forum I realized I'd been feeding her crap!). She's now on Nutro, but I'm researching the higher grade foods (Canidae, Solid Gold, etc) as I want her on the best food I can afford for her. I also add The Missing Link, Lipiderm and a dollop of yogurt to her meals with the occassional Benedryl tablet thrown in on her really itchy days (not too many of those lately). Her coat has come back beautifully - it's regained its shine and looks so much healthier now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hot Spots

Regarding Royal Canine for your EB, I had mine on it for a while and she did really well on it, though not so much that I noticed a dramatic difference between the Royal Canine and the Nutro she's currently on. I believe there's a Sticky that rates the foods and RC is rated very well. Nutro is, too, though I'm considering a switch to either Canidae or Solid Gold. I did a test run of 50/50 Canidae and Nutro and she had, um, "soft serve" bowels really badly, so I went back to Nutro and the problem resolved itself. I know switching food can cause this, but it's never happened before, so I think the Canidae was too high in protein. I'm going to wait a few days and try a 50/50 with Solid Gold and Nutro to see how she transitions onto that. I was able to get quite a large sampling of both brands from my local pet supply warehouse at no cost, so it was a free try before you buy, which was nice.

Good luck with the hot spots. I hope the Nu Stock works as well for you as it did for us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.