Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good info on bell training i heard this mite be a fast way to house break a pup
HERES THE PROB
Ok my man iIce is 5m old at this point i got him at 9 weeks we live in a APT. so we dont have a yard for the last 2 month hes been on a 630-7am potty

745-8am and 6-7pm and 9-10pm so for the last few weeks it been 630-8am then at 6pm ok now th problem is that he still likes to pee in his crate so i in up washing him like 2-3times a week which is not good for his coat so what I should do any tips would be good it getting to the point i cant let him out the cage cus then he pees all over with no warning so latly any time hes out hes straped to me with the leash so i can watch his every move 5 month of potty train and he still goes in his house really sucks I cant afford a dog walker and i dont have any one that can take him out midday must of the time hes fine and will not pee in the crate or somtimes worst this week hes been in the crate alot cus i dont want to keep washing him cus its drying out his coat so really i dont know what to do im pullin out my hair trying to get him trained

so any idvice would be helpful thanks

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
first off how big is the crate? it should be big enough for him to turn around and thats about it. secound stop giving him water about 1/2 before his last walk. take one late if possable 12:30am if possable. see if that helps. I bell trained CC but after she was potty trained so she wouldn't bark to be let out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Have a huge crate cus i wasnt going to keep buyin them it has a homemade divder in it good old half a baby gate today i decide i was giving him to much space so i made it just enough for him to lay cross way instead of front to back he can hold it with no prob from 9-10pm to 630 am with out a prob but its just the other way from 8am-6pm where im havin prob i i give him about 1 1/2 cups of water in the morn then in the eve its like 3-4 cups is this wrong this weekend im going to be home all weekend so I really want to try the bells how do they work and what do have to do to get the dog to use them

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Biz is bell trained
basicly all you do is every time you go to take your dog out to potty, take his/her paw and ring the bell with it
they will quickly catch onto the idea that ringing the bell means going out to potty
once they learn this it is important to make sure they go potty if they ring the bell and they dont just learn that they can just go out to sniff around for the fun of it
the bell means potty and thats all

hope that helps

·
Registered
14,576 Posts
Atticus is bell trained. I first put the bells up. If he looked at them, I clicked the clicker and gave him a treat. When he was consistently looking at it is when I began to take him outside.

As we progressed, if we were sitting in the house and he even remotely looked at the bell, I clicked, treated, and took him outside.

The down side is, now he likes to ring it just to go outside. BUT, if he pulls that stunt, I make sure he stays out there and squeezes at least ONE drop of pee out before coming back in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.