Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loki is now 14 wks old , and he still has accidents because he doesn't let us know when he has to go to the bathroom . He never has problems at night , I take him out frequently during the day . It just is tough when he has been outside for awhile without supervision and then when we let him back in the house he doesn't let us know and just squats whereever he is standing .

I am not sure how to reapproach this problem , I know the leash tied around the waist to keep him constantly in your sight . He is 40 lbs and I am not sure how well he would respond to that LOL . Did I do something wrong when training him ? I crate trained him and keep him outside alot to play and because I am home during the day alot . It seems like I never trained him to tell me since he is outside so frequently anyway ? I praised him when he goes outside , but I don't catch him doing it in the house so I just clean it up with the ezymatic cleaner we bought . I am realizing bullbreeds are very stubborn LOL having trouble with leash training as well even though he passed puppy obedience :p Any suggs would be most welcome . Thank you

mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
hmm.. about the going outside part. You have to let the know when you want it to go to the bathroom or pee. My dog has some accidents once in a while too but i hardly let her out of my sight. I only let her roam free when she's finished with her business. Also when you take her out to go to the bathroom bring her right back in side. the dog must realize that going outside doesn't always mean walks or play time. Also if you feed her at the same times everyday you will start to see a pattern of when they need to go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats basically what I have been trying to do I thought . I definately don't have a problem around meal times or naps , its when he has been outside in the fenced in yard for a period of time that we lose track of the last time he has urinated and sometimes he has went within the last 30 mins when he has had an accident :( He just seems stubborn , my springer picked up house breaking really fast .

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
BELLS :D Buster doesn't bark and when we were trying to house brake he would just go , at times we caught him at the door staring at it and well if we were not at the door how would we know he has to go so someone else on here told me about bell training and let me tell you it was the greatest idea and best thing I have ever done for him.He isn't much of a barker so this worked out well for us.

I went to a craft store and looked at all there bells.I bought large ones and hung about four from a piece of plastic that locks ( looks like what they use on cops instead of handcuffs :lol: ) then hung that from a rope.Then we screwed a screw through the rope into the trim around our front and back doors just high enough for him to paw or nose at them.Day 1 every time I took him out i took his paw and pawed the bells and said outside which is his word for potty.Did this all day by the end of the day he was doing it on his own and never had an accident since.I can hear the bells all through out the house.I even have some in his crate.Give lots of praise and treats when you do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts