Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
Do you use crates? If not, I highly recommend them..they are a great tool for potty training.
Dogs cannot be reliably housetrained if they are given too much freedom...they need to be corrected at the exact moment of the accident..not after the fact. They do not understand the punishment after the fact. If they get away with accidents some of the time and are only corrected some of the time..you are confusing the dog..that only teaches them to hide from you. Besides the crate, leashing the dog to you while in the house is another great way..that way you catch them every time they start to potty and can correct them, and take them to the apprpriate place to potty.

· Registered
583 Posts
I dont use crates, never liked them and I have never found a genuine need for them myself.

My sister is using them for her Siberians, but my dogs are lightyears ahead in training terms
Why do you not like crates? They are perfectly humane and not only can the help with training, they also ensure your dogs safety while you are away..they are also a requirement for shipping dogs and for dogs at shows or working events.

As far as your comment on your dogs being lightyears ahead of your sisters in training terms...not sure why you feel that applies in this situation..you claim your female is not potty trained..people offered advice on how to train..and now you come back stating you have the most well trained dogs ever..hmm...

Out of curiosity..how much experience have you had training dogs...bull breeds in particular? For someone who claims to be full of training knowledge, it surprises me you have been unable to potty train your female.

· Registered
583 Posts
I don't want to be involved in a pi**ing match and rarely ever do I...ask anyone on this forum...they will tell you I am nothing but nice, helpful and knowledgable to the people who are legitimately asking for help. I was never rude or "trite" with you, until you were that way with me.

For the record...I was just offering you potty training advice...the methods I described are fail free if done correctly and consistantly. You can choose to try them..or not.

· Registered
583 Posts
You obviously haven't tried every standard method of potty training this female. You haven't tried the leash method or crate training..these methods are FAIL PROOF if done correctly. You make claims of all this knowledge and don't understand the very basic of training methods.. You can crate train a dog at any age...crating is not just for potty training. It is a safety tool as well for while you are away (so your dog doesn't decide to tear apart the house or eat something it shouldn't) Dogs enjoy crates..they are den animals..a crate is thier safe zone. It isn't cruel and it sure doesn't mean someone is a terrible trainer if they use one. Crates can be used for raod trips, motels, shows...the list goes on and on..

Anyway..I don't know why I waste my breath. It seems you are already the "all knowing pitbull trainer" and nothing anyone says here will matter to you. Feel free to use the search button of this forum for training advice....potty training has been covered a dozen times...maybe you will find something new there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.