Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Well I finally took ownership of Apollo today. My friend was moving & couldn't take him. Owning a bulldog has been a dream for years & now it finally came true. Here is the first pic I could get of him, & that was hard enough as he is excited to be in a new place. He is a little overweight, but that is nothing a little diet & a little playtime cant fix. I want to thank everybody in this forum for helping me out with some questions I had. I'm new to bulldog ownership & your knowledge has been invaluable.

Later,
Chap

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Oh congratulations to you!!! I'm so excited for you!! Please stick around and post as many pictures of that cutie as you'd like!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I most definetely will, as i'm new to the " World Of Bulldog ". Tomorrow ( or monday ) is vaccination day. The previous owner doesn't have the records so I have to get the entire cycle. Not bad though, petco is really reasonable. Then the license & i'm 90% convinced on puppy insurance. I also got a handbook from the Bulldogs of America foundation which has some great hints.

Thanx again, it's been a very exciting evening...

Later,
Chap

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will. You guys are so nice, I dont know what to say. I think he needs to shed a couple of pounds, & he has a slight allergy to grass, so that is the main things i'm watchin' now.

Thanx again,
Chap

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
A little advice for you on the grass thing: If he's been outside rolling around in the grass, wipe him down with a damp towel when he comes back inside, especially his belly if he was lying down in the grass. It won't entirely prevent a reaction, but it will reduce his discomfort a little bit. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx, i've been doing that. Everytime he goes out ( well, I only had him tonite ), when he comes in, I wipe him down. I dont have alot of grass in my backyard anyway, but I'm gonna do my best. He even lets me wipe his face when he is done drinking from his bowl. I'm just trying to keep him as clean as possible. Am I over reacting ?? I just dont want anything to happen to him.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
If you want to wipe his face when he's done drinking, that's totally up to you! Bully breeds can be big slobbery messes! I don't wipe Bella's face off, and she dribbles water all over the house. ;) I don't think you're overreacting at all - you just want what is best for your dog!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thanx, I thought I was losing my mind. Getting ready to get his medicine chest ready too. I dont have any children & live alone, so this is my baby now, & i'm not going to let anything happen to him. God, if I ever have kids, they'll be destroyed as i'm way to over protective...

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lots of pix to come if he ever does calm down. He seems really happy here. Waking up to him this morning was one of the best things i've ever seen, with the sleepy bulldog eyes.

Later,
Chap

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He is my 3 1/2 year old prince. My friend moved & they only allowed one dog at there new pad. The just bought the husbands dream dog, so this little dream is mine. The luck sometimes. More pix to come, I promise.

Later,
Chap

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Buddy, Welcome to this awesome forum!! I have just discovered it myself! You can see pics of my little man Achilles.. He is a blessing to have!! I totally hear you on the over-reacting thing, my girlfriends can't believe how spoiled this little guy is.. But I want whats best for him!! Not all dogs get to enjoy a nice happy life w/ a good family and loving owners!! I want to give that to my buddy Achilles and i'm sure you want the same for your boy Apollo !! Congrats and I love the pics!!
-Matt

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, this forum has been a blessing, & thanx for the welcome message. I'm learning the ropes of bulldog ownership the hard way. Alot of money spent this weekend, but well worth it, as this little guy gives me so much joy. I'm trying to do the best for this guy, as he deserves it. He is so loving, & always by my side. Was working on my motorcycle the other day, & he just sacked out next to me. Too cool. He's the unconditional friend i've been looking for. Thanx again. Achilles is quite beautiful. His blue/gray coat is quite stunning.

Later,
Chap

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is the latest & greatest of my little guy... I love black & white pix...

Later,
Chap

PS. I love this guy. So much joy...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts