Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well techically it was my moms dog. But he was the first dog I ever had contact with. He passed away from old age when I was around 6yrs old and he was around 10yrs old.

I'm not sure what he was mixed with, but I think theres some shephard in there somewhere.

Moochie

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
That's cool, James. I wish I had a scanner so I could post pics of my first two dogs. I had a Shep mix and an AB mix. They were awesome dogs, mutts both of them! LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scanners do come in handy sometimes lol. I would love to have owned an AB mix, hopefully somewhere down the road when I have the time for another pup.

Most of the mutts we've had have always been mixed with Pit/Chow, Pit/Lab, Pit/Rottweiler (do you sense a pattern? lol!)

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
How cool. I love looking through my old pics. I should scan a couple of them in. All my childhood dogs were beagles, but my first dog of my own was, I think, a pit or staffy mix. :D

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
That is great to be able to have some old memories like that. I am sure that dog made your family quite happy!!

One thing I would like to comment on is that I find it funny how not that long ago society found it perfectly acceptable to tie out a dog to a dog house in the backyard but if you would have posted that pic saying it was recent, people would jump all over you. I personally think that is crap, but its funny how times change. Tying up a dog doesn't make it viscious, bad breeding practices and abusive owners do. How often did you read about dogs attacking people back in the day most people kept them out of their homes? Having a pet dog in your house is actually a fairly new practice when you look at the big picture.

Thanks for sharing your memory with us!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I never actually owned my very own dog, but I grew up with a Boxers for a while. One named Mandy, passed away, she was a sweet calm dog. But then they got Shama, a hyped up dog that would jump all over you and she terrified me when I was like 5 or 6. Despite that, she never changed my mind about the bullies, my mom would always walk her (it was families friends dog, not my mom or mine) and I guess I ended up liking the bullies. Poor Shama would always be in the crate though, if it wasn't my mom walking there dog, then she would stay in the crate. I'm sorry, i'm way off-topic here lol. Your shepherd mix was adorable!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.