Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequently hear people talking how ugly pit bulls and other bully breeds are. It totally baffles me! I dare you to tell me that these dogs aren't cute! (And if you do, you're lying!!!)

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
How could anyone not smile when they see those faces??

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I don't know!!!! Before my Dad meet Tora in person he said that she was ugly (emailed a picture) but once he meet her he just raved about her..... I doubt anybody that says they are ugly has ever really been around a bully!!! Their wheepy eyes, devilish grins, and whobbly little walks how could you resist?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Funny you post this, I had someone last night tell me that they generally think all big dogs are ugly. Haus and Justice won her over, and she LOVES them!

PS Sorry about today, D and I were out til 6 am, and slept til 4. By the time I got all my cleaning done(we had afterhours here) it was storming. :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have to admint, that though I have had a Pit and an AmStaff prior to meeting BusStop (AB), when I saw her at the pound (I promised to take her sight unseen) I thought to myself, "AAAGH! Self! That is THE ugliest dog in creation!) Now I think she's ablsolutely the handsomest (OK - tied with my AmStaff) dog in existance. She grew on me quickly. Getting cleaned up after the pound, adding a couple pounds and having the sores heal - and seeing her big goofy grin - she's great.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I really do believe it. Out of all the bully breeds represented on this site, I think there are only a handful that truly qualify has "bully breeds". To name a few...english bulldogs, old english bulldogs, french bulldog, boxer. Yeah, that's pretty much it. The way I see it, the "uglier" the breed, the more bullyish.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well I grew up with pugs and boxers so i love the breeds and the look. My DH didn't like the look. He was a rotti man all the way. I tried for years to get him to like the bully breed. Not happening. WELL when my daughter brought Moose and some litter mates over to show us (get us to take Moose) my husband melted. A puppy is always cute. Well as time went by he would say; well I love Moose and he is so pretty but thats because he is mine and growing on me. Now 15 months later he loves the AB breed. It takes time to grow to love the funny looking faces, big old smiles and the personality but they do grow to love it.

·
Super Moderator
15,983 Posts
I love all my dogs and I have loved all the dogs I have ever had, but Clara is the only dog that I have had that I look at every single day and say, "how can she be this cute". She just melts my heart every time I look at that sweet adorable face and those big loving eyes and she knows it.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Driver said:
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I really do believe it. Out of all the bully breeds represented on this site, I think there are only a handful that truly qualify has "bully breeds". To name a few...english bulldogs, old english bulldogs, french bulldog, boxer. Yeah, that's pretty much it. The way I see it, the "uglier" the breed, the more bullyish.
Hmm....ok.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Driver said:
Hmm....ok.
hmmm...ok indeed

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Driver said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Driver said:
Hmm....ok.
hmmm...ok indeed
Yeah...thanks for the negativity in a thread that was supposed to be positive. It is appreciated (by someone, I'm sure.)

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Bella's getting some serious muscle tone going on there. Lookin' all buff! :D She must run a lot! Heaven stays really lean like Remy, must be genetics.. Koa could stand to lose a few pounds. :lol:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LuvaBULL said:
Bella's getting some serious muscle tone going on there. Lookin' all buff! :D She must run a lot! Heaven stays really lean like Remy, must be genetics.. Koa could stand to lose a few pounds. :lol:
Haha...yeah, Bella is the athlete. Remy is the "lay in the shade and chew on sticks" guy. Occasionally Bella can get him to chase her, but she usually just runs laps around the backyard by herself. :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: How could anyone not think that our bully breeds are cut

Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I frequently hear people talking how ugly pit bulls and other bully breeds are. It totally baffles me! I dare you to tell me that these dogs aren't cute! (And if you do, you're lying!!!)
Agreed, my BF & me look at Stymie every day and say what a handsome dog he is, how could anyone not fall in love with these guys.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Driver said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Driver said:
Hmm....ok.
hmmm...ok indeed
Yeah...thanks for the negativity in a thread that was supposed to be positive. It is appreciated (by someone, I'm sure.)
Negativity? Relax. No need to get all sensitive. I love my EB. I love all dogs for that matter. I was just posting a random thought of mine.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Driver said:
Negativity? Relax. No need to get all sensitive. I love my EB. I love all dogs for that matter. I was just posting a random thought of mine.
You're entitled to that. And you're entitled to insult other peoples' dogs, too. It's just not very nice. There's my random thought for ya.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts