Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are mocing in the next few weeks...My question is should I be taking them over there a lot before we move to get them "used" to it...or what?

I have not brought them over there yet and I can't make that many trips with Clutch (sufferes horrible car sickness). I don't want to just bring them over and thats that...heres your new home. But at the same time I don't want to make Clutch feel like crap everytime we would go over...would that possibly have him associate the new house with sickness?? Any advice would be great...what should I do?????

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
When I moved from Iowa to NY... obviously I couldn't bring Kate over before I moved. But she had no problems adjusting at all. Since it was all the same furniture and the same smells she settled in very nicely.

Only problem was the walks to start out with because there were so many new things and smells that she had to smell every tree! but that passed quickly

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
When we bought our house we couldn't move right in.There was so much work to be done to it so we brought Molly with us everyday and once we moved in we had no problems with her other then like what Kate said about the walks and new smells and surroundings but all in all it worked out great.

WE didn't have much in the way of old furniture as we bought all new when we moved in but I can see what Kate is saying about it having the smell on it and all.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
MrsCooper said:
I don't think dogs care as long as they are with you.
I agree with you. The dogs might have some issues with relieving themselves in the house as they get used to their new routine, but other than that, I don't think a new house will be stressful for them. The actual moving process (living among boxes, potentially getting neglected on moving day, etc.) is what is stressful for dogs.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys...I did not think it would be much of a problem but you never know. My buggest concern is no more sliding glass door to the back....the new house has an actual door...the wont know where to ask to go out for a few days lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts