Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
381 - 400 of 423 Posts

· Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm switching Bam back to Acana from Evo. They haven't been doing as well as on the Acana, if its not broke don't fix it. They did great on the Acana/Orijen, it's a little inconvenient to get but I think it's the best kibble out there!
MorleyMo- I agree that there seem to be alot of grains and groats, what is a groat? Check Acana and Orijens ingredients list, no groats in the top 3 ingredients!

· Registered
805 Posts
Anyone want to grade this food for me please? It's Wellness Core Ocean Formula:

Whitefish, Whitefish Meal, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Potatoes, Dried Ground Potato, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E), Pea Fiber, Tomato Pomace, Natural Fish Flavor, Flaxseed, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Apples, Blueberries, Vitamins & Minerals, Choline Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Products, Rosemary Extract.

I like that it already has the Glucosamine in it, and if it's a good food I'm going to start getting this since it's more available in my area then Canidae. Thanks

· Registered
7,384 Posts
Raw :lol: It just all depends on what you want to pay. There is TOTW, Wellness Core, Canidae, Orijen, Acana, Merrick BG, EVO, California Naturals, DVP, NV Instincts, Horizon, Solid Gold, and Fromm are some of the ones I can think of.

I have fed TOTW, EVO, and NV Instincts. I think EVO has been the best food for the money that I have fed. It's a little on the expensive side BUT it gave the best results as far as dry dog food. I'm currently starting to feed raw.

· Registered
805 Posts
Lol, I know RAW, but I am not able to feed it yet. Ive tried Canidae and TOTW. Of the two, I saw the best results with Canidae. I am going to switch back to Canidae for now, even though it is getting so hard for me to come across. The best price I've found on it was through PetcareRX, and they don't carry the 30lb bag of the kind I get anymore. So I will be ordering 15lb bags for now. Thanks for your help :)

· Registered
4,494 Posts
Raw :lol: It just all depends on what you want to pay. There is TOTW, Wellness Core, Canidae, Orijen, Acana, Merrick BG, EVO, California Naturals, DVP, NV Instincts, Horizon, Solid Gold, and Fromm are some of the ones I can think of.

I have fed TOTW, EVO, and NV Instincts. I think EVO has been the best food for the money that I have fed. It's a little on the expensive side BUT it gave the best results as far as dry dog food. I'm currently starting to feed raw.
Hows the raw going for shelby?

· Registered
4,494 Posts
Yea that was the most frustrating thing about switching to raw for me. But now I have around 3-4 sources that I buy from monthly and I have a freezer FULLLLLL of meat. Second least favorite part is weighing and wrapping everything. Bleck.

· Registered
767 Posts
I just tried out Merrick BG and it seems to be a good quality food. I have been on Orijen for a year now and it's worked out great even if it is a bit pricey. With harley having a somewhat sensitive stomach and trying almost every decent food out there, Merrick is doing surprisingly well with him and at almost half the cost as Orijen. As soon as I know what I'm doing on feeding raw, I'm gonna make the switch as well.

· Registered
7,384 Posts
DLW - Raw isn't really all that hard to figure out. I have an excel spreadsheet that can calculate what your dog needs which is quite handy. If you want it PM me your email address. I would really like to get Shelby on prey model raw but I really need a freezer before that happens.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Hausmommy, Thank you for all the work you did grading the foods :0)

We did some jumping around after we got Griff trying to help his hair grow in. Finally ended up in the Diamond foods after trying TOTW and a couple others . . . We tried Diamond energy, then beef & rice, went to pick it up last week and they had the large breed 60 for $22 for 40#s so I tried that & they seem to like it best. Seeing your grade on it, Diamond Large Breed 60+ Formula / Score 99 A, we will stick with that! TY jo

381 - 400 of 423 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.