Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
401 - 420 of 423 Posts

· Registered
767 Posts
DLW - Raw isn't really all that hard to figure out. I have an excel spreadsheet that can calculate what your dog needs which is quite handy. If you want it PM me your email address. I would really like to get Shelby on prey model raw but I really need a freezer before that happens.
Sending a PM in a minute. Calculator will be nice to get the ball park going. What I'm not sure about is what exactly to feed. I see most do chicken, I see eggs, organs, ground beef, tripe, bones, no bones, etc. people are feeding so just trying to figure out what, when and how much then I'm good to go. I think I'm going to need to buy a small freezer as well and put it in the garage.

· Registered
4,494 Posts
Stay away from anything ground. Doing ground takes away all the benefits of teeth cleaning.

My staple foods are chicken quarters, beef heart, and turkey necks. My dogs also get tripe, chicken liver, lamb flank, whiting, anchovies, chicken wings, eggs, and venison. They also get a raw meaty bison bone everyday.

· Registered
9,125 Posts
We adopted a kitten the other day that I want to feed raw to... anyone have experience feeding a cat raw? I'm pretty sure that I'll feed it whole ground chicken for a little while.
Nature's Variety is a dog/cat raw diet but I find many cats don't take to it (Ares wouldn't) I have never tried giving him a raw piece of chicken, he doesn't even like canned food :shock:

· Registered
982 Posts
Just a thought about raw. Would local animal control give road killed deer out if you asked for it? We've got lots of dead deer on our roads. This would obviously be better in the winter months. I'm pretty sure the people in our neighboring town eat most of the roadkill, but if we were able to beat them to it, it might be good for the pups.

· Registered
9,125 Posts
Nebguy - Yes, you can call your local highway patrol and get on a list to get the deer that are hit.

Paul - What else do you recommend?
I would give NV a try, it doesn't cost much for a cat. Ares is a strange character, he loves his dry. When I give him canned he licks it then walks away, I'm fortunate that he loves water or I would be in trouble.

· Registered
4,494 Posts
Can't the kitten still rip the meat off for now? Unless your grinding up bones with chicken when feeding ground chicken, it would be the same difference. The wings I got are teeny tiny. I still feel very strongly against feeding ground anything unless it's a necessity. Kitty's gotta learn how to eat it sometime.

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Anyone tried the "Go!" Brand dog food from Petcurean? They are a Canadian company. No recalls to date. They carry a LID with Salmon and potato. Currently switching bowser now.
Just wondered if anyone has or is feeding their pooch this kibble. :)

401 - 420 of 423 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.