Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Chopper's at it again. Since we've restricted his space to family room, kitchen & laundry room, he's been pretty good for the most part with the exception of this week. He destroyed the red candles on the coffee table yesterday. We went out to dinner & he cleared off the computer desk. We "had" a cordless mouse with a red ball that you controlled with your thumb. The mouse was under the desk & the "red" ball is missing. Searched everywhere. The ball is very hard, smooth & shiny. It's about the size of a pingpong ball, no larger than a golf ball.

I'm thinking that he swallowed the ball. Since it's hard, smooth & shiny, if he did eat it, it should pass by tomorrow. At least I'm hoping it will. I can't imagine where it could've gone. We've got 2 cats, even if they found & batted it around I think I would've found it by now.

Thanks for your help.

Maria

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Personally, if you're concerned, I would take him to have some x-rays, you never want something to get stuck in their intestinal track that they can't pass.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, went out in the yard with a flashlight. Lots of poop, no red ball. We're going to give him until noon tomorrow & then call our vet. He normally has a loose stool (from his food). Will let you know how we make out. Thanks

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Maria W said:
Well, went out in the yard with a flashlight. Lots of poop, no red ball. We're going to give him until noon tomorrow & then call our vet. He normally has a loose stool (from his food). Will let you know how we make out. Thanks
Good stuff, good luck!!!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Good luck! My Chopper had bowel obstruction surgery last December. He chewed up a Barbie and swallowed the head and it got stuck in his intestine. We got him in just in time, the vet said if I had waited another day he'd have lost part of his bowel. He was very ill, though, it was obvoius something was wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed for your boy! Please update.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's still alive!!! and getting ornier each day! I walked the entire yard this morning & nothing. He had 2 bowel movements & I poked through him with a stick. Nothing there. Came back from Church & he table surfed, he didn't get anything because I cleared the table. Put him out again, he only peed. We had to go to our daughter's house today. We put the gate up at the living room before we left. Got a phone call from our oldest that he finally figured out he could escape from the family room through the curtains behind the loveseat (cats go this way all time). He went right up stairs to her room & stole something, she didn't say what. He had gone into the dinging room & took my "eggs" off the table. I make Ukrainian pysanky & had about 4-5 doz eggs on the table. There were eggs & egg shells scattered throughout the living room & dining room. It was darlk by the time we came home so I couldn't do a thorough "poop" search tonight. We're both home tomorrow, so I'm calling the vet in the morning if he hasn't passed it already.

I'm very glad that your Chopper came through very well with his surgery. But when you said "Barbie head", memories came back of our cat, Spike. We have a kitty door in the basement door for the cats. When Spike was young & my kids were young & we had Barbies & Skippers, Spike was always going downstairs & stealing Patty's Barbies or Skippers. He'd come running up the steps full speed & go "boom" into the kitty door. He'd be carrying the doll by it's waist & try to get through the door. Not happening. So finally, he resorted to "decapitating" them. He'd hold the doll head in his mouth & front paws & go at the body with his back paws until the head came off. We had Barbie head searches back then. It was so funny to see that.

Chopper & Itty Bitty Kitty are sleeping on the couch together now. I will let you know in the morning.

Thank you.

Maria

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
LOL Funny Barbie story! :lol:

Glad to hear your boy is still doing well. Hopefully the ball just rolled away and he didn't really eat it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts