Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many other members take thier dog jogging. I have recently started doing this for them but mostly me. I used to be so fit , athletic and healthy. Then I became a bum and quit working out. I'm not fat or anything I just like to stay in shape and I never realized I was out till i took Champ jogging the other day. I had to steal a trash can lid and have him pull me home j/k

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Sometimes we do short jogs with Haus. Not a whole lot though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i would love to but bella is still a bit to skittish and walks puppy style. Sniffs something and then bolts, jogs a little then sits and scratches, has an overwhelming need to pee whilst crossing the road, knows we are heading home from the park so sulks and walks slow, knows breakfast is at home so drags me down our street. One of our neighbours has the perfect jog dog, always heels always sits at street corners...ahhh one day

·
Registered
380 Posts
i run with my three (one at a time) we do at night to be more descreet. it's been a good bonding experience and they sleep better when put in their kennels. I try to find a route where there are no dogs outside. My neighborhood does not follow leash laws its very annoying

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I've been doing a 4mile walk/ jog (minimal jogging) with Heidi a couple times a week. I'm really trying to lose some weight. The other days, we go to the park and let them run or go for a walk around the neighborhood.

I just bought one of those coupler leashes today because my husband is working really late all week so I will need to walk both of the dogs together. We'll see how that goes! Wish me luck. Pray for no loose dogs!!!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I like jogging with Abby. In the spring and summer, agility weather, were jogging around the course together. Jogging/running with your dog is really good for agility cause it teaches them to run with you. But sometimes when I don't feel like jogging I ride my bike with Abby running beside (on the leash) but i'm going to buy one of those special bike things for dogs.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I usually run at a gym, not outside but I have taken Chas with me a few times when I've ran outside. She's ran a mile straight once, lol.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be all pooped and cant jog or run no more and Champs looking at me like wussy. Hes all like comeon comeon slow poke. Am I gonna have ta carry ya old man.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Not me! I wish I liked jogging, but it's probably my least favorite activity in the world. I only run if I'm being chased...haha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts