Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
570 Posts
Well, I am not an "experienced" breeder myself, but I know that it only takes one tie to produce a litter of pups. I was always told that you should put the dogs together and when she actually allows him to mount that you do it every other day until she wont allow him to anymore. Giving the day in between allows his sperm count to come back up. So you can usually get three potent ties in during her accepting time. I know a lady that collected sperm from her OEB and sent it overnight with the sperm in a cup with some ice in it. Of course nobody thought it would produce anything, right?? Well they got five pups from that one time. So it just goes to show that it only takes a little to produce a litter.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
When I was HOPING Dix was not prego, the vet says it only TAKES one time, but three times is recommended on certain days of ovulation. Skipping a day in between.

· Agent Squint
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, that's what I was looking for. I did know that one tie can produce a litter, but more ties can give better chances. The last time, there were three ties and 8 healthy puppies, so that's what I was looking to do again. I just want to see what the different views are on the topic. Thanks for your imput.

~S

· Registered
15 Posts
It may have something to do with the stud, I bred my pure OEB to a pure APBT. He is 55lbs of muscle, and had 10 in his APBT litter. It was her first litter, it took 20hrs for her to push them all out naturally. 3 were stillborn unrevivable and 2 didnt make it through the first night. She did a great job taking care of 10 (with alot of my help).
I did the foundation OLDE/APBT breeding for superior health and weight pulling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.