Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...between the ages of 12 months and the time they were fully grown? I know Bella is already pretty big (63lbs., 20-21 inches tall), but I'm getting worried that she's going to end up looking like those horrendous, oversized blue monsters that are so popular these days. I know most of the people who breed those kind of dogs tend to keep their dogs fat and lazy, so maybe I'm worrying for nothing. I really like Bella's proportions now (even though she does have a blockhead), so I'm hoping that as she gets older, her proportions don't change too much.


What do you think? Freak show in the making?


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
Ive noticed a bit of change in Champs wieght from the winter to the spring time. In jan he weighd like 68 pounds I think it was. Yester day weighed 63 pounds. So I have come to the conclusion that they get fatter in the wintertime when they cant run as much and loose it in the summer and spring. KInda like us I guess.Even though he has lost a few pounds he is still been gettin thicker though.I wouldnt think she would get much bigger.She might flirt with 70 but when Champ was there he wasnt horrid so I wouldnt worry to much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
Also I forgot to say she is pretty good standered as her weight goes for now. Actually her body period, there is no actual average height listed in registries that I have seen. Although I have read that they average 18-22 inches. As long as she is proportanied she should be in good standered and she wieghs an extra 5 -10 pounds I wouldnt sweat it to much cuase no dog is perfect standered
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cookies Mom said:
She looks too tall to be one of the ''monsters"
That's what I'm thinking. The top of her back is well above my knee, and most of those short and wide bullies I've seen on websites don't even come up to their owners' knees. 80lbs. and 16-17 inches tall is just not right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,666 Posts
thats just like CC she's over 50 lbs at almost 11mo. but her back is up to my knee. She's taller than most of the males that are around us!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
I don't think you have anything to worry about with Bella, even if she put on a few more pounds, she would still be beautiful!!

Cookies Mom wrote:
She looks too tall to be one of the ''monsters"
I agree, those other dogs are short and wide!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bremner53 said:
Bella will always be Beautiful!!! :D I don't think she will turn out like one of those freaks, you can tell them by a few months
Thank you. :D I've been browsing a few sites of breeders of big blue bullies. Some of the puppies on their sites look exactly like Bella did when she was a baby, but most of them have such short legs that their little puppy bellies drag on the floor! I feel so bad for those sweet little puppies that are going to grow up with so many physical problems. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bigut64 said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Where did I say big means monster?

ummm here

Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
end up looking like those horrendous, oversized blue monsters
[/u][/i]
You misread what I said. I never said they're monsters because they're big (but thanks for bolding and italicizing the text for me...that was nice of you, and your sarcasm was lovely). They're monsters because they're grossly out of proportion and nothing near the standard. They were purposely bred to have physical deformitites. I guess it's not fair of me to call them monsters because it's not their fault they're poorly bred.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
bigut64 said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Where did I say big means monster?

ummm here

Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
end up looking like those horrendous, oversized blue monsters
[/u][/i]
You misread what I said. I never said they're monsters because they're big (but thanks for bolding and italicizing the text for me...that was nice of you, and your sarcasm was lovely). They're monsters because they're grossly out of proportion and nothing near the standard. They were purposely bred to have physical deformitites. I guess it's not fair of me to call them monsters because it's not their fault they're poorly bred.
ohhh ok im sorry, if you are whondering if your dog will look like a cartoon dog, HUGE head and small body, i dont think you have anything to worry about. Your dog seems verry pretty and proportional.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Bella will probably fill out a bit more over the next year, but I'd bet nowhere near the dogs you're referring to. She's a beautiful girl. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bigut64 said:
ohhh ok im sorry, if you are whondering if your dog will look like a cartoon dog, HUGE head and small body, i dont think you have anything to worry about. Your dog seems verry pretty and proportional.
Haha...that's cool. Her big ol' head cracks me up every day. She is pretty lean and leggy, and I'm doesn't get too much wider. But that dang head of hers...I love it! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kasco said:
Bella will probably fill out a bit more over the next year, but I'd bet nowhere near the dogs you're referring to. She's a beautiful girl. :D
Thank you!! I post her pictures a lot on another forum where they're always talking about how much they hate the "big blue" fad. I always wonder if they just compliment her pictures to be nice...haha. I'm glad no one seems to think she looks like "one of those dogs." :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
bigut64 said:
ohhh ok im sorry, if you are whondering if your dog will look like a cartoon dog, HUGE head and small body, i dont think you have anything to worry about. Your dog seems verry pretty and proportional.
Haha...that's cool. Her big ol' head cracks me up every day. She is pretty lean and leggy, and I'm doesn't get too much wider. But that dang head of hers...I love it! :D
oh your dog's head is tiny compared to an apbt i saw a couple weekends ago, you ever seen "the mask", well if you have and remember the part where his dog put the mask on, thats what the dog looked like. The really sad part was they were talking about studding him, i was like eeehhhh ill talk to you later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bigut64 said:
oh your dog's head is tiny compared to an apbt i saw a couple weekends ago, you ever seen "the mask", well if you have and remember the part where his dog put the mask on, thats what the dog looked like. The really sad part was they were talking about studding him, i was like eeehhhh ill talk to you later.
Sheesh! You gotta love when "breeders" advertise head size as a selling point, too. They want the name and notoriety that comes with American Pit Bull Terrier, but they want a dog that looks and acts completely different from the original pit bull.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top