Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Maddi is about 1.5 years and 75 lbs, she gets 3 cups a day and Chance, 9(ish) months and 52 lbs gets 2.5 cups per day. Both of them get Nature's Variety Raw Instinct.

Any less than that and they get too skinny (spines become visible, etc) and any more and they get a little chubby.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The amount you guys feed is that set in stone or do you adjust?

I adjust odins food based on the amount of excersice we get, on weeks where we gets less I lower his food, and when he get alot of excersice I up it more towards 4...but thats rare

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I adjust odins food based on the amount of excersice we get, on weeks where we gets less I lower his food, and when he get alot of excersice I up it more towards 4...but thats rare
Same here.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
My dogs each get 3-4 cups per day. They are both at healthy weights. Heaven is athletic and lean. Koa is solid and large boned.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Sennin said:
The amount you guys feed is that set in stone or do you adjust?

Basically I just let their bodies tell me if they're getting the right amount of food. If they get a little chubby I cut back a quarter cup. If they get a little too skinny I add a half cup until they look right and then cut back by a quarter cup. The amount of fat they carry seems to vary seasonally, probably due to differences in activity levels - so I guess I do adjust based on that in a roundabout way :p. But definitely not on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Bear and Molly are both eating 2 cups a day of DVP Duck & Potato with a little wet food mixed in. I was worried I wasn't giving Molly enough but by the time she finishes her bowl she's full. I know when Bear was her age I was giving him 4-5 cups. But I guess every dog's different.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
cups a day

3 to 4 cups a day,
i adjust to how active they are too.
mine are 8 months and 80 lbs each.
1.5 dry with each meal mixed with half 6 oz canned both are welllness brand

I forgot till I saw moose mention it. Mine will stop and leave food if its too much to. So that is why its between those amounts
If they play really hard they will eat more than on a slow day

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bella and Remy both get about 3 cups a day, sometimes a little less if we've given them lots of training treats. We were giving Remy about 4-4 1/2 cups when we first got him to put some weight on him. Now that he's at a healthy weight, we've decreased that amount, and he's maintaining his weight very well.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Moose gets 4 cups per day but he will eat only as much as her wants. This means he eats anywhere between 3-4 cups a day and he is 85 + pounds now at 1 year.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Josie gets 2 cups twice a day.
The first bowl she gets Solid Gold Wolf King:
Product Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Breed Adult Dog Food

Protein, Min 22%
Fat, Min 9%
Fiber, Max 4%
Moisture, Max 10%
Calories per cup, 364

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bison | Salmon Meal | Brown Rice | Millet | Cracked Pearled Barley | Oatmeal | Rice Bran | Canola Oil | Flaxseed Oil | Garlic | Amaranth | Blueberries | Yucca Schidigera Extract | Carotene | Choline Chloride | Vitamin E Supplement | Iron Proteinate | Zinc Proteinate | Copper Proteinate | Manganese Proteinate | Potassium Iodide | Thiamine Mononitrate | Ascorbic Acid | Vitamin A Supplement | Biotin | Calcium Panthothenate | Selenomethionine | Pyridoxine Hydrochloride | Vitamin B12 Supplement | Riboflavin | Vitamin D Supplement | Folic Acid |

The second bowl in the evening she gets Solid Gold Holistic blend:
Product Description
Dry food formula made with Oatmeal, Rye, Menhaden Herring and Potatoes. Ideal for less active adult or senior dogs, to maintain total health. Perfect for those dogs who require less protein and fat.

Protein, Min 18%
Fat, Min 6%
Fiber, Max 4%
Moisture, Max 10%
Calories per cup, 336

Ingredients
Oatmeal | Rye | Menhaden Fish Meal | Potatoes | Salmon Oil | Sesame Oil | Almond Oil | Lentils | Dried Seaweed Meal | Spearmint | Dried Pumpkin | Quinoa | Dried Cranberries | Dried Apples | Dried Chicory Root | Carotene | Choline Chloride | Vitamin E Supplement | Iron Proteinate | Zinc Proteinate | Copper Proteinate | Manganese Proteinate | Potassium Iodide | Thiamine Mononitrate | Ascorbic Acid | Ascorbic Acid | Vitamin A Supplement | Biotin | Calcium Panthothenate | Sodium Selenite | Pyridoxine Hydrochloride | Vitamin B12 Supplement | Riboflavin | Vitamin D Supplement | Folic Acid |

The first gives her higher energy for her daily activity. The second helps her white coat and helps keep her trim when less active at night.

-Hammer

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Sennin said:
Odin is 90lbs, and eats 3-4 cups a day.
HOLY CRAP, Odin weights 90lbs?? :shock: We need to see some new pics of that boy!!!!!

Lucy eats anywhere from 4-6 cups as well of kibble, and she is definatley not overweight. I am feeding her wellness. What I usually feed her is 3 cups in the morning with yogurt and stuff. THen usually some chicken at night.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts