Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
how old is he?

When Kate turned 2, I cut back to 1 1/2 cups twice a day of Royal Canine and lots of exercise. She was starting to put on the pounds after the winter weather.... it is hard to measure cups with RC though b/c of the shape of the food so that is why I bumped it up to 1 1/2 versus just 1

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well I feed Moose 4 cups a day of Solid Gold or Innova. 2 in the am and 2 in pm. He will sometimes eat all and sometimes not. So it sounds good to me as long as e isn't getting fat.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The best way to tell is by his shape. Does he look like he's getting overweight?

I feed Bogart about 4 cups, plus treats. He is on the lean side. He weighs about 70 pounds.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yea my male oeb, buddha, gets six cups a day. 3 in the morning 3 in the evening. He's about 80-85 lbs and still looks like he has some filling out to do (he's a year and half). He's so active I think we could be feeding him more and he wouldnt put on weight.

My female pitbull, cream, is about 60 lbs and gets 1.5 cups in the morning with 1.5 cups at night. Both get nutro, buddha is on blue bag large breed, cream is on yellow bag senior (she is 8 years old).

I jog 2 miles a day with buddha and 1.5 miles a dog with cream, so they are both pretty active and burn alot of calories.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HES ABOUT 1 YEAR AND A HALF IT ALL DEPENDS ON HIM SOMETIMES HE EATS IT ALL AND WANTS MORE OTHER TIMES HE JUST WALKS AWAY SO I TAKE THE FOOD FROM HIM AND HE HAS TO0 WAIT TILL NEXT TIME

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
used to feed 4, 2 morning 2 evening but that's when he was a youngin

3 cups in tha mornin is what he gets now, I don't split it up anymore because when I do - he is always hungry and looking for food and it pisses me off!! :lol:

My boy is closing in on 12 mnths (aug 05), I take him out for 3 excercise sessions a day. He's a very tall/thick boned AB and is ~25" tall atm and ~100# but he can lose about 5# still. Once he gets on the springpole and worked more he'll tighten up a lot.

4 cups in the winter, 3 cups in the summer. That's a good rule of thumb for active ABs, but you have an EB so that info doesn't help hehe

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have an 11 month old English Bulldog who gets Royal Canin Bulldog formula..I only feed him 2 cups a day and he is healthy, active and 45 pounds lean. He also gets treats during the day though while training.

Personally, every dog is different. They all have different activity levels and metabolic rates. Use the bag as a guideline..if your dog looks too thin, increase by 1/2-1 cup..if he looks to pudgy, decrease by 1/2-1 cup.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow, my boy eats a cup in the morning & a cup in the evening, along with Missing Link food additive. He is getting big as hell. He is an English/American mix ( more american ) & is easily in the 100 lb range. I barely give him treats, maybe 2 halves of a large bone a day & ice cubes ( very hot in cali this time of year ). What do you guys think...

Thanx
Chap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts