Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patch is shedding his hair a LOT!
It's gotten to the point where every item of clothing is covered in his white hair, and our rug needs to be vacuumed daily.

Is there anything I can give him to slow it down a bit?

It's winter here in Oz... I thought dogs shed in summer?

Can i expect this to be a constant regular thing?

it's very frustrating.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Is your carpet dark colored bc that would make it appear to be a lot......There are deshedding preducts at the pet store that will help...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
our carpet is like a dark maroon/red colour.
the white hair shows up BIG!

i will go to the pet store and see if i can see any ant-shed products..

is it abnormal for him to shed that much though?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
My dogs have been shedding a lot too. I think it's just that time of year. Most people on this forum use fish oil for supplements and this seems to really help with the dog's coat. If you aren't using it already, it should help.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chico.Heidi said:
My dogs have been shedding a lot too. I think it's just that time of year. Most people on this forum use fish oil for supplements and this seems to really help with the dog's coat. If you aren't using it already, it should help.
can i get these fish oil supplements from the pet shop? is it in a caplet form?

also... we live in Australia, so it's winter here... i thought summer was big shedding season.. that's why i was worried!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I get the ones that are meant for people. Wild Salmon oil is what I get and it works great but you can use the ones that just say "fish oil". Try to get one that doesn't have soy in it. I'm not sure the reason but I read that on another board. It is also great for inflamation and you can give 1000mg. per 20lbs. of body weight. If your dog doesn't have any inflamation problems, you probably don't need to give that much. I can't remember how old Patch is. You can get it from a pet store as well but sometimes it's more expensive there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts