Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in becoming a moderator can you please tell me how this is done? is there a waiting list? is it by knoweldge? attitude? please let me know i would apprecate it! 8)

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I posted this on the other thread, but you can PM Root. He's the Admin on the site. :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
I cant speak on Roots behalf, but on the forum Im mod on it's all done based on how you have conributed to the forum. One of us would nominate someone, then we vote on them. They need a 75% approval to be considered. Usually they go right in, but the Admins and owner have final say on it. The majority of the time though, they follow our votes.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Now I'm curious. What do you have to commit to if you are a Mod? Do you have to commit to moniter the forum during certain hours? Also, I've noticed the Mod's decline to comment on a lot of posts, I'm assuming so they may remain neutral. It seems like a whole lot of sacrifice. What are the benefits?

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
nanniesrock said:
Now I'm curious. What do you have to commit to if you are a Mod? Do you have to commit to moniter the forum during certain hours? Also, I've noticed the Mod's decline to comment on a lot of posts, I'm assuming so they may remain neutral. It seems like a whole lot of sacrifice. What are the benefits?
It is like that. Not certain hours, all the time. It's ALL sacrifice and NO benefits.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Remaining neutral, atleast in public eyes will save them alot of drama. As soon as they speak up against one side or the other, you get mob mentality...and then the "its unfair" , "abuse of power" talks start.

Personally, I speak up when I want, I could care less about what members think of me on my forum. Mods are their to enforrce the Systems rules.....Period.

With our system , we have each section of our forum has it's own mods, each mod usually has preferences as to where they want to mod, so we match them up with the forums they are most active in. The more busy/problems areas have upwards of 5 mods. Of course we have 5 admins also, who can obviously mod the entire forum. If I see something going on in a section that Im not modding, I will bring it to that particular mods attention in a PM, or via the mod's private room.

Now I'm rambling, so to answer your question. Being very active on the forum and NOT being one of the people who like to stir up trouble and instigate would be a good way.

I could be dead wrong though, thats just how we roll on my forums....Root could have a completely seperate system over here...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
BanterBull said:
It is like that. Not certain hours, all the time. It's ALL sacrifice and NO benefits.
You're saying a Mod should have no outside job, but sit and monitor all day, every day, for no pay? How can anyone afford to do that?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
nanniesrock said:
BanterBull said:
You're saying a Mod should have no outside job, but sit and monitor all day, every day, for no pay? How can anyone afford to do that?
I'm on here all the time, but I have a job that allows me to do so. I leave at 6 pm, and sometimes I get on at home, sometimes I don't. I don't know about the other mods though. I just know that I'm on here from 8:30 am til 6 pm Monday-Friday. The forum isn't very active on the weekends. So it works out for me.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
nanniesrock said:
BanterBull said:
No, I mean it's not set hours. You do it anytime you can, in your free time.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I am lucky enough to have a jog that permits me to check in throughout the day, too. Another thing about being a Mod is that you pretty much have to check in on all the threads, no just the ones that interest you, to make sure all is well. I try to stay neutral, but feel the need to speak up when someone is treating someone else unfairly. It's trying sometimes, because afterall, we're only human. But, I love this forum and most of the members on it, so to me, it's well worth it. :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Kasco....You have a "JOG"???

Lol, just thought that was cute...
Um, gonna go JOG with my puppies now, ta-ta!

Um, can I be a mod???Root???Mod!!!!

j/k

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
sajoseph said:

j/k
:lol: some1 has fat porky fingers :lol:

j/k... I'm sure they are just as dainty as Kaz is ;)

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Roxy said:
sajoseph said:

j/k

Alright you two, that will be just about enough. I do not have fat porky fingers, because obviously I JOG. Geez.... :roll: :lol:

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Kasco said:
Roxy said:
sajoseph said:

j/k

Alright you two, that will be just about enough. I do not have fat porky fingers, because obviously I JOG. Geez.... :roll: :lol:
Good come back! :lol: any ways must be off a got jog waiting for me :p

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Tia said:
I am interested in becoming a moderator can you please tell me how this is done? is there a waiting list? is it by knoweldge? attitude? please let me know i would apprecate it! 8)
You can take my spot as moderator.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
kogeki said:
Tia said:
What, you don't want to be a Mod anymore? Personally, I think you guys do a great job. You can't stop every fight, but at least you don't contribute. Many people who express interest in being a Mod. seem to have a hard time staying away from the keyboard when another member doesn't share their opinion. I can imagine the mayhem that would follow if the mods all argued their point so forcefully :roll: .
Not that I think it's bad to be opinionated, but not necessarily a quality a good mod should have, IMO

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
kogeki said:
Tia said:
I will take your spot Kogeki :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts