Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was currious what some of the dog trainners recommend as the best way to fight an all out attacking pitbull empty handed.
I have been to some martial arts seminars . and have heard two basic styles to fighting a dog unarmed.
I am also curious of how often decoys are injured. when bite suites go bad.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Depends if the dog was trained or not.

I have heard some stupid stuff about poking the eyes and breaking the dog's back.. LOL. That doesn't work.

With an untrained dog, you can usually blow it away into avoidance. A person can fend off a dog with a jacket. However, many people go into their prey mode.

Bite suits don't go bad. It usually happen because of inexperienced decoys trying too much or almost always, due to INEXPERIENCED HANDLER NOT FOLLOWING FREAKING INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had one BRUTAL BRUTAL HANDLER that sent her dog on me when I had no suit top on on at a show! This dog was an EXCLUSIVE top body biter. I fended off the dog with my pants. YOu don't see this in a ring or sch club. However, at a bulldog show.......just brutal handling! yOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP A COOL HEAD. If you are afraid of being bitten, you are not going to be a good decoy.

They get bled alot. hands feet.

My arms and legs are FULL of scars. My fiance thought I was a drug user! LOL.

It is not for slow fat guys, I assure you. YOu have to accept you are going to the hospital sooner or later. Suit work is especially demanding.

This is why a good decoy is like GOLD! They ARE the club. A shitty decoy means a shitty club. A great decoy means a good club.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no I am talking about haveing a trained dog sicced on you. fighting and killing the dog is your only option whats the best way empty handed. If the dog still has it's collar it can be choked. I understand this is better than beating the dog. it's a given you will be bit

·
Banned
57 Posts
to my knowledge any dogs weak spot is right on their nose. Hit em there real good and it should stop em. If not just always keep a BLade handy if u live in that bad of an area were pitbulls are roaming around aimlessly.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
credit said:
no I am talking about haveing a trained dog sicced on you. fighting and killing the dog is your only option whats the best way empty handed. If the dog still has it's collar it can be choked. I understand this is better than beating the dog. it's a given you will be bit
Well I carry a knife and it goes right into the dogs ribs if it attacks me or my dog if I cant get it off.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I carried mace but I realized that was abot as useful as spraying perfume in a fight so I guess I will have to get a knife.....There are a lot of intact Pits in my area and I doubt there owners are that responsible

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
angie7349 said:
I carried mace but I realized that was abot as useful as spraying perfume in a fight so I guess I will have to get a knife.....There are a lot of intact Pits in my area and I doubt there owners are that responsible
Same here. They dump them in the park when they are done fighting them or using them for bait. Its a big city so there are lots of wannabe tough guys around with their "pits".

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
angie7349 said:
If you ever have to use that mace spray it in their nose too.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
A lady that I work with claims to have a GSD in the past that was a show champion, and during training in England, she was taught that if a dog ever attacked, to get in front of it and grab it as high up as possible by the front legs, by the chest and suddenly jerk them apart as hard and as far as possible, thus damaging the heart.

I dont want to personally get in front of the dog close enough, I dont want a scarred up face!!

I think shes crazy, but thats just my opinion, seems like a big risk to more injury to try to do all that.

I have encountered a few dogs that have intimidated me off leash, and you never know what they know, so I always act as aplha when I encounter them. And most of the time they listen because they are surprised we know they understand what no means!!

I have been lucky, I know this, a real dog attack?????????Kicking and screaming I guess!!!IF Im not prepared and have no other means!!! Right in the stomache.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Okay I am sure that I am about to feel lika a total a$$ :oops: but what is GSD and DH( I think it like husband or something)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Mase, no knives, no sticks, no stun guns, just with your hands and one visciuous dog. I know it will not be a pretty sight. As A friend of mine that does military training says with regard to knife attack defense better to lose a finger than to lose your head.
I have read where they used to fight midgets and pits in the 1800's , and I would imagine if a midget could beat a pit a full size man should too.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
angie7349 said:
Okay I am sure that I am about to feel lika a total a$$ :oops: but what is GSD and DH( I think it like husband or something)
GSD = German Shepherd Dog

DH = I have no freakin cloue

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
credit said:
No Mase, no knives, no sticks, no stun guns, just with your hands and one visciuous dog. I know it will not be a pretty sight. As A friend of mine that does military training says with regard to knife attack defense better to lose a finger than to lose your head.
I have read where they used to fight midgets and pits in the 1800's , and I would imagine if a midget could beat a pit a full size man should too.
I have never heard of midgets fighting pits and doubt if that did occur, the midgets would not win or it mustve been one POS pit.

I dont think eye gouging would work on a pit that was really determined.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on a side note 3 years ago my daughte 3 at the time triped over a loose pit bull mix.. as it turned to nip at her I grabbed it as only a psyco parent would and twisted it scruff and lifted the 40lbs mutt in the air walked it over to the owner and punched him in the chest with his dogs snarling face. I then told him to put a leash on the dog before I put a leash on him.
10 mins later whwn things cooled down my wife made me appologise. :oops:

·
Banned
57 Posts
HAHHAHA credit im just imagining that and its f***in hilarious picturing you doin that. personally I wouldve stabbed the dog in the heart but im crazy. Id rather kill a viscious dog and go to jail or face fines then have my child attacked.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
angie7349 said:
I've been wondering about DH for a longgggg time too but never wanted to ask... I always think Designated Husband?!?!?!?! but that doesnt really make sense, why not just say husband?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
credit said:
on a side note 3 years ago my daughte 3 at the time triped over a loose pit bull mix.. as it turned to nip at her I grabbed it as only a psyco parent would and twisted it scruff and lifted the 40lbs mutt in the air walked it over to the owner and punched him in the chest with his dogs snarling face. I then told him to put a leash on the dog before I put a leash on him.
10 mins later whwn things cooled down my wife made me appologise. :oops:
wow, impressive!! I'm sure that made a good impact on the owner of the dog! Good for you

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
They recently had a special in our town on like 20/20 or 60 minutes - one of those type shows - on how to defend yourself during a dog attack. They said the first place you should go for if the dog is over/on top of you, is their thigh area - they said you should grab their inner thighs and squeeze real hard, as this is a very sensitive area for them. Don't know how true it is since I've never been attacked, but that's what they said. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it's a given 20/20 needs glasses and sixty mins need to have it's watch repaired, Flanking a dog or pulling on it's inner thigh is a good way to aggitate it not kill it or knock it unconcious something you will need to do if you want to surive an attack of let's say a chriss Fraise trainned dog

1 - 20 of 59 Posts