Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

My name is Nelson. I had APBTs for 12 years where I lived until BSL took them all away. Before that, we competed succesfully in FCI Obedience. We were able to win the 1989 Fall Circuit National CD Championship and then went on to win the FCI CDX title. Unfortunately my dog, "Drago", suffered an untimely death due to cancer at only 4 years of age. Just one month before going to his UD title.

I was also the president and training director and founder of Caribbean Ring Sport, Inc. The first official ring club in PR that existed from 1987-2000. I had a column in Dog Sports Magazine titled "It's The Pits", from 1986-1996, where I wrote about different themes and topics regarding the raising, training and breeding of APBTs for working purposes. I also had a weekly radio talk show that I hosted called "Man's Best Friend".

Besides training dogs for hobby, my "real life job" is middle grade school teacher. I love to train puppies and kind of see it as my specialty. In Ring Sport we were able to get a first place in all qualifying scores from Brevet to the CRA 2000 Ring III Championships. .... but with a Malinois Neutral I've also given various seminars and demos. And last but not least, I was recently invited to judge Chris Fraize's Frostbite tournament in Maine. Regards.

Nelson

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Welcome Nelson! love your aviatar

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So sorry about the untimely death of your dog. Are you from Miami? I know that they have BSL there. We have a few members from there. I am from Tallahassee and we have several other members from the west coast and we have several members who are teachers. Glad to have you as a member. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi ya'll,

Thanks for your kind words of support and welcome. I'm in central Florida just south of Orlando, in Kissimmee. I'm in the best of dispositions to help anyone in anyway I can. So don't hesitate and feel free to let me know how can I be of your service. Thanks again, take care.

Nelson

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Nelson said:
Hi ya'll,

Thanks for your kind words of support and welcome. I'm in central Florida just south of Orlando, in Kissimmee. I'm in the best of dispositions to help anyone in anyway I can. So don't hesitate and feel free to let me know how can I be of your service. Thanks again, take care.

Nelson

Thank you for your very kind and generous offer. I am sure that we will be in need of your experiance and will take advantage of your knowledge.
:D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nelson said:
Hi ya'll,

Nelson
Thanks you seem very experienced! I am sure we could use your help in lots of topics. You live in kissimmee huh? I live in Tampa...been nice and hot this summer hasnt it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Nelson

So sorrry to hear about your dogs. What does SBL stand for??

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Lesley

·
Registered
5 Posts
BSL means Breed Specific Legislation.

Welcome Nelson! I live a couple hours north of you between Ocala and Orlando in Lake County.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts