Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
crackerbull said:
thanks got14u and bremmer53 the dogs are-2 white dogos belong to my buddy nick..1 white w/black patches is rumbo ab/pit cross.. the dark ones and the buckskin one are catahoula leopards....rs
never heard of catahoula leopards. where do they come from. i also had no idea that dogos hunt......i keep learnen more and more....lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GOT14U said:
crackerbull said:
thanks got14u and bremmer53 the dogs are-2 white dogos belong to my buddy nick..1 white w/black patches is rumbo ab/pit cross.. the dark ones and the buckskin one are catahoula leopards....rs
never heard of catahoula leopards. where do they come from. i also had no idea that dogos hunt......i keep learnen more and more....lol
catahoulas are a hunting breed found mainly in the south eastern usa.the breed history is a long story ...just look it up on google and btw you do have wild hogs in arizona :D rs

·
Registered
195 Posts
crackerbull said:
GOT14U said:
crackerbull said:
catahoulas are a hunting breed found mainly in the south eastern usa.the breed history is a long story ...just look it up on google and btw you do have wild hogs in arizona :D rs
you know i just never really looked in to it much. just thought there was nothing but havolina out here. thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dogo's are sopposed to be a hunting breed thats what they were origionally bred for but ofcourse once they got here alot of them got ruined. there are still good breeders of the origional dogo but alot of them have been turned into a show/pet dog. especially the big ones like over #120.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Jemhidiahssj4 said:
Dogo's are sopposed to be a hunting breed thats what they were origionally bred for but ofcourse once they got here alot of them got ruined. there are still good breeders of the origional dogo but alot of them have been turned into a show/pet dog. especially the big ones like over #120.
i tell ya . dog shows ruin alot of breeds

·
Registered
195 Posts
bigut64 said:
I dont get why the show ring has ruined these dogs by wanting the dog to be heavier for these types of dogs, it is rediculous. Golden retrievers are real strict on keeping the breed at its origional size.
big is more stunning to most people. i was just at the akc event here in phoenix 2 weeks ago. there was a staffy that made the top 5 and was way to big for the breed standards. after this show my buddy who was showing his was so turned off that he is looking in to working his now. i.e. pulling weight,ect....

one nice thing tho he did get invited to the eukanuba show in long beach. that it's self is impressive. atleast to me. but his dog already has a champion title.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
bigut64 said:
I dont get why the show ring has ruined these dogs by wanting the dog to be heavier for these types of dogs, it is rediculous. Golden retrievers are real strict on keeping the breed at its origional size.
Because people want what people want & they have no qualms about changing a breed to suit their whims while still being able to say "I own a such & such". And as for GR's, that statement is not true. Golden's are now being bred for large sizes (100+lbs) & big, wide heads. NO breed is excluded from the perversity of people.

·
Registered
790 Posts
e coli

I heard that the source of the spinich e coli poisoning was from wild pigs.

Good job, Cracker! Save our spinich supply!

Dude, I love seeing your pics. Keep them coming.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks peter...we went friday night but no luck.going again this friday we will see :) ....the ecoli thing was thought to be from the wild hogs but the hogs picked up the ecoli from cows before they hit the spinach.the hogs must have went where cows were poopin and got it on there feet then put it in the spinach???rs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.