Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Does wild hog meat taste different than commercial hog meat?

It's interesting to see the wounds, or lack thereof on the first boar in the bed of the truck. Just on the ears and snout. Good dogs!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigut64 said:
crackerbull said:
bigut64 said:
how did you killt he first one?
knife...rs
darn, YOU BADASS

i would have used a gun
my dogs were on his ears so the gun is out of question.when good dogs have a hog caught we grab the hogs back leg and twist/throw him onto his side and put your knee on his shoulder.wile holding one front leg with one hand we stick the pig with a knife in the throat /chest area pushing in twards the heart.its more of a surgical procedure than a murder sceen...lol...rs

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
crackerbull said:
here is one i caught with dogs a couple days back.he is being ground into sausage
You won't be hungry for a long long time

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Wow! Those thing are huge! :shock:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CowBella said:

It's interesting to see the wounds, or lack thereof on the first boar in the bed of the truck. Just on the ears and snout. Good dogs!
thanks for the compliment on the dogs...the wild hog meat is different then store bought..no preservitives,less fat and eats a natural diet,my favorite is wild hog cooked on a smoker with oak and hickory wood...rs

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
crackerbull said:
CowBella said:

thanks for the compliment on the dogs...the wild hog meat is different then store bought..no preservitives,less fat and eats a natural diet,my favorite is wild hog cooked on a smoker with oak and hickory wood...rs
Man you are making my belly growl...i miss good florida wild hog that is GOOD GROCERIES!!!

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Those dogs look so happy. That hog is going to make your belly full for quite a long time. I have no problem with the killing as long as it is for eating. I have had some GOOD food from hunts.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
ChappsnHolly said:
I hate seeing dead animals...yuk

:x
Don't look at the pics :p

Reality isn't always very pretty. Check your local slaughterhouse. Thats much worse than a couple dead hogs.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
ChappsnHolly said:
I hate seeing dead animals...yuk

:x
How would that thing look in your garden..I think I would rather see it dead..I cant run good in my rubber barn boots...

Good Game..
e

1 - 20 of 24 Posts