Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caught this one back in may.luger bayed him up wich is unusual for him because he was always a hunt and catch type dog not a baydog so when i heard him bay i thought wow it must be a realy bad hog to make that dog bay.the other dogs went to his aid and all we could hear is alot of thrashing and fighting so before we went into this verry thick patch in a dried up swamp i told my buddys to be realy carefull.when we got in there i realised why luger had bayed. the hog was down in a big mud hole and when a dog went in they got there but whipped till all 3 dogs worked together.we got him caught and tied and was released elsewhere..rs

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Some awesome pics. I really wish I knew someone around here that was into this sort of thing. Hog hunting is one of my favorite things, but no way in hell would I put my dogs on one without knowing what the hell I or they are supposed to do (assuming they'd be game enough in the first place).

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by he "bayed"?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chrisnjen said:
Some awesome pics. I really wish I knew someone around here that was into this sort of thing. Hog hunting is one of my favorite things, but no way in hell would I put my dogs on one without knowing what the hell I or they are supposed to do (assuming they'd be game enough in the first place).

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by he "bayed"?
bayed-barking and keeping hog at bay.the working style of cur types and hounds is track and find the game and trick them into a fight but then the dog backs off and barks circling and nipping.that is what i listen for and the catchdogs are also waiting to hear.its like the bay dog is saying
:here it is ,come and bring help...rs

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Great job, doggies!

We run most of ours with cut vests after one of our dogs got a punctured lung. I'm pretty sure I noticed a collar on one of your dogs, but do you ever run them in vests?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Miakoda said:
Great job, doggies!

We run most of ours with cut vests after one of our dogs got a punctured lung. I'm pretty sure I noticed a collar on one of your dogs, but do you ever run them in vests?
we use cut collars on all dogs when we have enough to go around.luger got cut under the collar somehow.as far as cut vests i will use them in the cooler months on select dogs.got any pics of your dogs/hogs?..rs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts