Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Looking good Cracker. Do you have anymore pics of Booty? Thoughts of getting a Catahoula have been creeping into my mind lately.

·
Registered
655 Posts
:( :sad3: :pukeright: :pukeleft:

·
Registered
655 Posts
crackerbull said:
Lizzie said:
........ lizzi...... why are you sad and puking?are you anti hunting tree huger or what?this is the working dog section.maybe you ought not visit this part of this site if this sickens you...rs
I think the weight pulling, obedience, agility and schutzhund work that people do with their dogs is amazing and admirable and I enjoy reading about it and checking out the pics. Thus, I visit this part of the site and will continue to do so.

As for whether I'm a tree "huger"... I buy only real wood furniture so I guess I'm not. That doesn't have anything to do with it, though. Why would I enjoy perusing pictures of a group of pit bulls attacking a pig? That's gross.
:hippy2:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lizzie said:
crackerbull said:
Lizzie said:
........ lizzi...... why are you sad and puking?are you anti hunting tree huger or what?this is the working dog section.maybe you ought not visit this part of this site if this sickens you...rs
I think the weight pulling, obedience, agility and schutzhund work that people do with their dogs is amazing and admirable and I enjoy reading about it and checking out the pics. Thus, I visit this part of the site and will continue to do so.

As for whether I'm a tree "huger"... I buy only real wood furniture so I guess I'm not. That doesn't have anything to do with it, though. Why would I enjoy perusing pictures of a group of pit bulls attacking a pig? That's gross.
lizzy,not one single pit bull in the pic.and they are not attacking the boar.they have caught the boar.get an education befor you go on talking about something you know nothing about...rs

·
Registered
655 Posts
crackerbull said:
Lizzie said:
crackerbull said:
Lizzie said:

lizzy,not one single pit bull in the pic.and they are not attacking the boar.they have caught the boar.get an education befor you go on talking about something you know nothing about...rs
Argh... it would be no different if they were pit bulls or poodles, it's still gross! I was NOT about to study the dark and grainy pictures to see exactly what breeds of dogs are latched onto the boar. My main goal was to STOP looking at them and hopefully someday get the image out of my head... not sit there and study them with a magnifying glass. :pukeleft:

Oh, and if we're going to be rude: "befor" you tell me am a tree "huger" that needs to get an education, maybe you should go back to 3rd grade spelling class.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol...the best part is when you come back here to read this you get to see the pics again,also i didnt call you a tree HUGGER.i aked if you were one.your comprehension levle is showing its self again.as for the pit bull remarks you are no better than the media to so quickly lable a dog as a pitbull when it is not...rs

·
Registered
655 Posts
crackerbull said:
lol...the best part is when you come back here to read this you get to see the pics again,also i didnt call you a tree HUGGER.i aked if you were one.your comprehension levle is showing its self again.as for the pit bull remarks you are no better than the media to so quickly lable a dog as a pitbull when it is not...rs
Considering the amount of pitbull lovers (myself included) on this site, I did not consider it an insult to skim by the pics and assume they were pitties. If you consider it such a huge insult to be called a pitbull, I would say YOU are no better than the media! I love pits and think they are wonderful dogs.

And I definitely have not looked at the pics again...I scroll right by them to the bottom.

I answered your question about whether I was a tree "huger" so you're not making any sense:
Lizzie said:
As for whether I'm a tree "huger"... I buy only real wood furniture so I guess I'm not.
LOL perhaps you are the one who needs to work on your comprehension "levle", rs, since I fully realized you were asking a question and I gave you an answer. I don't see where you got the idea that I think you CALLED me a tree "huger"... obviously I knew it was question because I answered it.
LOL I will likewise accept fault for the incorrect "lable" I gave to the dogs (in the dark photo that I scrolled by as quickly as I could because it was gross and the boar was the main feature in it anyways, not the dogs).

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Lizzie, stay out of the working dog section. How about it? This is why working dog people are driven away from this forum.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
If you owned a piece of land and wild hogs were tearing it up, you may feel a little differently. Not everyone hunts just foir sh*ts and giggles. Read up a little bit
Learn

·
Registered
655 Posts
kogeki said:
Lizzie, stay out of the working dog section. How about it? This is why working dog people are driven away from this forum.
But why should I stay out if I enjoy reading about/viewing pics of schutzhund, obedience, agility and weight pull? That's like telling me to stay out of the Breeding section because I don't like people posting about breeding mixed breed dogs to make cute puppies... or telling me to stay out of the Training section because I don't like people posting about using shock collars.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Lizzie said:
kogeki said:
But why should I stay out if I enjoy reading about/viewing pics of schutzhund, obedience, agility and weight pull? That's like telling me to stay out of the Breeding section because I don't like people posting about breeding mixed breed dogs to make cute puppies... or telling me to stay out of the Training section because I don't like people posting about using shock collars.
Because you can't handle it. ABs are catch dogs. As are alot of Pit Bulls. And Dogos. If you don't agree with it because you see it as cruel or what not, keep your comments to yourself because you have no idea what you are talking about. I was put off by hog hunting at first when I first got into the breed. Then I read and I learned. But I never gave people who did hunt any flack because at the time I didnt understand it.

I wish more people would post their hunt photos. Oh wait, working dog people usually avoid this place.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
From the Arkansas state website., this applies to wild hogs living naywhere thourghout the US

Problems with Feral Hogs

What is a feral hog, anyway? Any hog (Sus scrofa), including Russian and European wild boar, which is roaming freely upon public lands and is living in a wild or feral state.

According to the dictionary, feral means "having returned to an untamed state from domestication". Since swine are not native to North America, any free-ranging hog is by definition feral. And when any animal is introduced to the wild outside its native range, there can be problems.

With hogs, the problems are numerous.

Habitat destruction: Feral hogs are rooters and wallowers, and their feeding and wallowing activities destroy terrestrial and aquatic vegetation, ruin water holes used by other wildlife, and contribute to erosion and siltation, which can adversely affect water quality.

Ground nesting bird predation: Hogs are omnivores and eat anything that gets in their way. This includes nests of ground nesting birds, such as turkeys, quail, killdeer, terns, and many other birds.

Damage to endangered or sensitive plant/animal communities: Many sensitive habitats are small and fragile, such as the unique acid seeps in portions of the Ouachita mountains and the cedar glades in the Ozarks. These places are attractive to feral hogs, and they cause major, sometime irreparable, damage.

Disease transmission to domestic livestock and pets: feral hogs carry brucellosis, which has been documented to have been transmitted from feral hogs to domestic stock, pseudorabies, which causes domestic pigs to abort, and other diseases. These problems can result in direct economic loss and indirect loss through quarantines.

Disease transmission to humans: There have been cases documented in Arkansas of feral hogs transmitting diseases such as brucellosis and trichinosis to humans, either directly or indirectly.

Direct food competition with native wildlife: One of the mainstays for many wildlife species is acorns. Deer, squirrels, ducks, turkeys, birds, bears and many other species depend on acorns for a significant part of their diet. Hogs also love acorns, and are very efficient at finding them (in the process, incidentally, tearing up wildlife habitat).

Crop depredation: A feral hog in a cornfield is every bit as, destructive as a feral hog in a woodlot. Hogs often cause heavy damage to row crops; gardens, flower beds, pine plantations, orchards, tree farms and pastures.

Abuse of landowner rights:
Hogs can't read posted signs, but people can. The problem is, many people apparently don't care about landowner rights. It is fairly common practice in Arkansas for individuals to raise, buy or otherwise obtain hogs and pigs, then release them on public or private, land for future hunting opportunities.

·
Registered
655 Posts
kogeki said:
If you don't agree with it because you see it as cruel or what not, keep your comments to yourself because you have no idea what you are talking about.
Ummm... if I don't agree with it because I see it as cruel, that is my opinion. You can't say I have no idea what I'm talking about when I'm giving my opinion! In fact, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to my opinion more than anyone else in the world does!

That's like me saying "Oh, you like the color blue? Well, RED is obviously the way to go...you have no idea what you're talking about!":roll:

And whether the hogs are a nuisance or not is irrelevant to me. There are much more humane ways to get rid of them than THAT!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
And whether the hogs are a nuisance or not is irrelevant to me. There are much more humane ways to get rid of them than THAT!
The hogs are either shot or stabbed and killed humanely. The dogs don't kill them, they catch and hold them until the hunter gets there to do what he is going to do. And if they aren't killed they are relocated.

So are you against hunting in general or is it just because the dogs are holding the poor piggy? Would you prefer some form of a trap like a bear trap? Now I think that is inhumane.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts