Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moose hurt his front leg this morning and is limping really bad. Now
I am not really worried but it frustrates me that he won't sit still. He wants to go for his walk which he is not going to do. Does anyone have any ideas on keeping him resting. Don't say crate him because he doesn't have a crate anymore.

·
Registered
182 Posts
put him an a short leash and attach him to some thing as you have no crate. Keep him off of it. If he's still limping in a couple of days, or if there is swelling go to the vet.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
LOL! I thought you wrote dildo!

Well, Atticus went through the same thing last week, vet told me to rest him. By that, he meant I shouldn't play with him, but he said that he knew the dog would get into his own trouble.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is resting a lot and thats different for Moose but sometimes the "Got to play bug" bites him. I am trying to keep him calm. there is no swelling and no bite marks. He did this when he was a small pup. He digs a hole then goes wild days later and forgets its there and sprain or wrenches his leg. I'll let you all know in a couple of days as to how he is.
Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Mason just went through the same thing.. we were playing and he aquired a limp.. I waited a week and the limp was still present so I took him to vet, and the vet said it was most likely growing pains.. because the xrays showed nothing...

So now he's on anti-inflammatory meds and im gonna get him on some Glucosamine...

Seems like there has been alot of leg issues lately

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well today with alot of rest yesterday Moose is feeling much better. He still has a slight limp but nothing like yesterday. He should be better by the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
15,960 Posts
Rusty does this from time to time. I just give him a couple of asprin to keep inflammation down and to help keep him resting. He is fine after a couple of days. Give him big hugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts