Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I work with a chick who breeds American bulldogs and she gave a co-worker a puppy (i think it was a gift) she is only 2 weeks old yeah i said 2 is this ok? she said the puppy would bond with her better (the co worker has been try'n to have a baby for a while now). what do you all think?? Is this ok?? Im worried!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah

she purchased some puppy formula from the pet store? and she brought it to work so she could feed it. um im not sure but everything looks no good to me! The puppies were an acc. the male dog got in with the female just after she sold her last batch of puppies! um i didnt think it was a good idea! :roll: but I'm not a breeder!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
That poor puppy is going to miss out on crucial socialization with its littermates and momma dog. Unless your co-worker really knows what she's doing, she'll probably be battling behavioral problems with that dog for the rest of its life.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Are the pups eyes even opened @ 2 weeks? I would tell your co worker she should give the puppy back until it is at least 8 weeks old.

Kelly

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really?

wow this is good info!
I personaly think she has a problem keeping dogs! she got a male from the same breeder a few mo.s back and already got rid of it! she said it barked to much!!! :x how can you get rid of a dog for talking to the neghbor dog LOL :lol: she tells us about how manny dogs she has had and now 5 mo.'s after she has one dog she gets another! I think she just likes the puppy stage! :roll:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
AkainePSP said:
Are the pups eyes even opened @ 2 weeks? I would tell your co worker she should give the puppy back until it is at least 8 weeks old.

Kelly
I'd be scared about how someone who would give away a puppy a 2 weeks would treat that puppy if they took it back for another 6 weeks! Maybe they just don't know any better....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she didnt look happy!

Well the breeder that gave the puppy to my co-worker was not happy to give the pup away so soon but she was told by the vet it was ok if she fed it every two r so hours! I dont get it. That would be like getting our EB now thats just to small. Oh and yes its eyes are open. :cry: this is really upsetting to me!! I just hope the pup will be ok can puppy even be held alot at that age??

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
That should be reported. Seriously. If the eyes rae open, they are just open, but that poor pup cannot see yet! The milk of the mother is just really turning to milk, as the colostrum is going, and she needs this real milk. I did the puppy formula at 3 weeks and it was not enough nutrition.
That is a shame. That pup is not gonna be right. No litter5 socialization, the cleanliness, the bonding, that makes me sick!

But who am I to judge, that's just not right, and that ladies dogs should be taken away to avoid further litters.Poor, poor puppy. :cry:

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
AkainePSP said:

Kelly
I'd be scared about how someone who would give away a puppy a 2 weeks would treat that puppy if they took it back for another 6 weeks! Maybe they just don't know any better....
I agree

·
Registered
551 Posts
But since it has been removed from it's mother and it doesn't sound like its going back or able to go back what other choice does she have but to take care of it the best she can. And thats probably why the vet told her to feed the pup every 2 hours.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow

I know but what can really be done? Nothing! I'm sure the puppy will be ok. the breeder has now desided to stop breeding bc of people like my coworker... its to much presure! SHE IS DONE! She wants the pup back shes way stressed about it. anyways Im done with this topic. I feel bad for the puppy :cry:

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
That is very sad but it can be done......... Tora came from a breeder that had to bottle feed her very early b/c Momma got a nipple infection and it could have been given to the puppies. So my breeder, had to bottle feed all 9 puppies but he did wait until they were age approperaite to let them go. He wanted them to have Momma around to teach them, which is one of the many reasons that I choose him................Plus my old room mate/ best friend fostered two pups that were abandoned at only 3 days old angry9: so there was no choice but to bottle feed........One pup is now mean b/c the owner did not socalize her and the one that my friend kept is an angel, my friend went through great pains to socalize him...He is the most loving dog and extremely attached to his momma...I am encluding a picture of one of them AFTER we had them for a while they were so tiny and another one of the one my friend kept just cause he is so darn cute!!!!!! url=http://upload4.postimage.org/pets/dogs/bulldog_breeds/200925/pet.html]
[/url]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts